[Q] Upgrading Baseband to 20C

Did 20C fix the RIL problems for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
There has been a fuzz lately about the new Baseband the LG has to offer us. Some people argue that by upgrading their baseband to 20C, the annoying problem with the RIL gets finally fixed, while others say that it's the same.
I am currently on CM11 M10, and my question is as follows:

Since I have RIL problems with my device and want to test out the new Baseband to see if it actually makes a difference, how can I (safely) do it?

From what I found out, 20C is only out for Italy and Germany. I live in Greece and I don't know if flashing a different country's Baseband would hurt my device. If someone would clarify that for me, that'd be great! :p
Also, the safest way to do it (as far as I know), is by flashing the kdz of 20C, and then re-flashing the ROM I was on previously (on my case CM11). Is that actually the way to do it? Are there any incompatibilities with 20C and CM11 M10?

Thank you in advance!
Some might find this questing a bit obvious, but since I've seen a lot of people complaining about RIL problems, while they haven't tried out 20C, I guess this will help them! :laugh:

Last edited:

SuperLamic

Oct 24, 2011
Prague
There has been a fuzz lately about the new Baseband the LG has to offer us. Some people argue that by upgrading their baseband to 20C, the annoying problem with the RIL gets finally fixed, while others say that it's the same.

Since I have RIL problems with my device and want to test out the new Baseband to see if it actually makes a difference, how can I (safely) do it?

From what I found out, 20C is only out for Italy and Germany. I live in Greece and I don't know if flashing a different country's Baseband would hurt my device. If someone would clarify that for me, that'd be great! :p
Also, the safest way to do it (as far as I know), is by flashing the kdz of 20C, and then re-flashing the ROM I was on previously (on my case CM11). Is that actually the way to do it? Are there any incompatibilities with 20C and CM11 M10?

Thank you in advance!
Some might find this questing a bit obvious, but since I've seen a lot of people complaining about RIL problems, while they haven't tried out 20C, I guess this will help them! :laugh:

OK, first thing is that I don't know if it fixes the issues, I haven't had it before (I'm not using pin protection) so I just can't say if it's fixed.

Anyway there are no compatilility issues since Greece is in European Union and Germany too. (I think there are some certificates that prooves frequecy compatibility for EU so I think that must be same for all countries in EU - like me in Czech Republic, next to Germany)

CM runs same as on my stock baseband 20B but you can easily flash your old baseband back if you encounter any issues

I hope I helped you a bit, try and report yourself.

also you can backup your current data and rom in recovery and flash 20C + recovery (it will be wiped). Then you can restore your backup. Bootloader remains unlocked.

Reactions: amkirk94

amkirk94

May 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
OK, first thing is that I don't know if it fixes the issues, I haven't had it before (I'm not using pin protection) so I just can't say if it's fixed.

Anyway there are no compatilility issues since Greece is in European Union and Germany too. (I think there are some certificates that prooves frequecy compatibility for EU so I think that must be same for all countries in EU - like me in Czech Republic, next to Germany)

CM runs same as on my stock baseband 20B but you can easily flash your old baseband back if you encounter any issues

also you can backup your current data and rom in recovery and flash 20C + recovery (it will be wiped). Then you can restore your backup. Bootloader remains unlocked.

Thank you for your response. So if I got this right, flashing a ROM (like CM) most of the times does not change my Baseband. My baseband remains the same from whichever I had from the KDZ, unless I flash a ROM that changes my Baseband (CM is not one of those). Is this correct?

SuperLamic

Oct 24, 2011
Prague
Thank you for your response. So if I got this right, flashing a ROM (like CM) most of the times does not change my Baseband. My baseband remains the same from whichever I had from the KDZ, unless I flash a ROM that changes my Baseband (CM is not one of those). Is this correct?

nope baseband is not related to rom, it's related to kdz (firmware from lg) you flash

Reactions: amkirk94

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you in advance!

nope baseband is not related to rom, it's related to kdz (firmware from lg) you flash