FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

[ROM] [WIP] Unofficial CM12.1 for the p880

2,880 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,707

By laufersteppenwolf, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 9th November 2014, 06:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from laufersteppenwolf: Initial CM12.1 build online
Hey guys

I guess you already know the drill It's more-less the same as we did on CM11, but Adam77Root isn't actively developing for the device anymore and also Demetris isn't working on this project anymore. I am pretty busy lately myself, which is why you shouldn't expect any miracles soon.

Once again, you have several ways to get in touch with me/us:
  • You can use this thread (but keep it development related)
  • We have our own IRC channel on freenode, called #p880-dev
  • Use our github site
  • PM (even though the other ways are preferable)

We are of course still open source, and you can find the repos on our github:
Device tree
Kernel
Blobs
Any help is greatly appreciated, be it pre-alpha testing, or helping with actual development and fixing bugs. Feel free to make a pull request on github, and we will most likely merge it happily. If you're not that experienced in git, feel free to contact me about it.

If you want to use this sources/ROM as your base, you sure are allowed to, but please let us know about it before you release it and give credits.
That's all we're asking for.

I know you want to know the actual Status, so I try to always keep it updated in this OP:

Not working:
  • You tell me
Possibly more

Working:
Everything else
Now, the most important part:

Download
All builds can be found on my goo.im account:
CM12
CM12.1
Please note that goo.im is currently having issues, which is why the latest builds are available from the devDB downloads tab.

If you like our work and all the time we spent in order to get it working, feel free to buy us a coke/beer/whatever by donating a litte bit

Special thanks go to: (names in no particular order)
@Daniel Kng
@fritzcola
@sunsettrack4
@thegrim11
@LGaljo
@alfsamsung
@Adam77Root
kingf1 from IRC

And last but not least, please keep this thread on topic! All OT posts will be deleted without further warnings!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [WIP] Unofficial CM12.1 for the p880, ROM for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Contributors
laufersteppenwolf, Adam77Root, sunsettrack4
Source Code: https://github.com/P880-dev/android_...3/tree/cm-12.0

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-09
Last Updated 2015-04-06
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-17-02-34-59.jpg
Views:	20376
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	3122133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-17-02-35-11.png
Views:	20348
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	3122135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-17-02-52-21.png
Views:	20334
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	3122136  
The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to laufersteppenwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th November 2014, 06:18 PM |#2  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Baden-Württemberg

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
I have used the following local_manifest:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <!-- p880 specific stuff -->
    <project name="P880-dev/android_device_lge_p880" path="device/lge/p880" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
    <project name="P880-dev/android_kernel_lge_x3" path="kernel/lge/x3" remote="github" revision="cm-12.0" />
    <project path="vendor/lge" name="P880-dev/proprietary_vendor_lge" revision="cm-12.0" />

<remove-project path="device/asus/fugu" name="device/asus/fugu" groups="device,fugu" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-5.0.0_r2" />
    <remove-project path="device/asus/fugu-kernel" name="device/asus/fugu-kernel" groups="device,fugu" clone-depth="1" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-5.0.0_r2" />
    <remove-project path="device/asus/grouper" name="device/asus/grouper" groups="device,grouper" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-5.0.0_r2" />
    <remove-project path="device/asus/tilapia" name="device/asus/tilapia" groups="device,grouper" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-5.0.0_r2" />

<remove-project path="device/htc/flounder" name="device/htc/flounder" groups="device,flounder" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-5.0.0_r2" />
    <remove-project path="device/htc/flounder-kernel" name="device/htc/flounder-kernel" groups="device,flounder" clone-depth="1" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-5.0.0_r2" />
    <remove-project path="device/moto/shamu" name="device/moto/shamu" groups="device,shamu" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-5.0.0_r2" />
    <remove-project path="device/moto/shamu-kernel" name="device/moto/shamu-kernel" groups="device,shamu" clone-depth="1" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-5.0.0_r2" />
    <remove-project path="device/samsung/manta" name="device/samsung/manta" groups="device,manta" remote="aosp" revision="refs/tags/android-5.0.0_r2" />
</manifest>
if you run into some errors, just remove the according "remove-project" line and you should be fine ;)
Last edited by laufersteppenwolf; 9th November 2014 at 06:21 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to laufersteppenwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th November 2014, 09:02 AM |#3  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up Thank you!
Thank you @laufersteppenwolf, @Demetris for all your efforts! I'll build it later, and try to help you with logs and anything else i can do, as much as i can! Keep up, mates, brilliant job!
12th November 2014, 03:25 AM |#4  
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Thanks man! I will go download sources now!
12th November 2014, 04:54 AM |#5  
Flag GuangZhou
Thanks Meter: 137

More
SurfaceFlinger problem again...
SurfaceFlinger will initialize failed with our old blobs on the hacked framework native,and it will crash with n7 blobs as well.

edited:
n7 2012 factory image leaked.
http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp...y-93daa4d3.tgz
Last edited by Tim_Pan; 12th November 2014 at 10:13 AM.
12th November 2014, 03:21 PM |#6  
Flag Baden-Württemberg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Pan

SurfaceFlinger problem again...
SurfaceFlinger will initialize failed with our old blobs on the hacked framework native,and it will crash with n7 blobs as well.

edited:
n7 2012 factory image leaked.
http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp...y-93daa4d3.tgz

SF issues should be gone, is you've got the latest sources. It was related to SELinux, which is why I completely killed it via kernel for now
Also, I highly doubt that you're gonna have much success using the stock blobs (which is why I'm not even gonna try)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laufersteppenwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th November 2014, 03:41 PM |#7  
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
I wil try building when I get home
The Following User Says Thank You to thegrim11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2014, 10:58 AM |#8  
Flag Home of FCB
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Any News?
15th November 2014, 12:38 PM |#9  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 19

More
If you could kindly upload the ZIP you would save me 8 hours of building on my i3 laptop. I know i need to rebuild it if i wanted to make any changes, but at least i might be able to fix a few things by only building a couple binaries and sideloading them instead of building the whole OS.
15th November 2014, 03:23 PM |#10  
Flag Home of FCB
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSWORD14

If you could kindly upload the ZIP you would save me 8 hours of building on my i3 laptop. I know i need to rebuild it if i wanted to make any changes, but at least i might be able to fix a few things by only building a couple binaries and sideloading them instead of building the whole OS.

Yeah good idea.
15th November 2014, 03:38 PM |#11  
Flag Baden-Württemberg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcola

Any News?

Not really haven't got much free time lately to test...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSWORD14

I will most definitely not publically upload something that's not working. I may PM you a build if you want, but not publically.
If you want the build, let me know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laufersteppenwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread