Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So android L is here

Tip us?
 
samuel3mn2
Old
(Last edited by samuel3mn2; 4th September 2014 at 04:02 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Santo Domingo
Phone So android L is here

Android L is here... Original post http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...w-gee-t2818325
Bugs:
- Some forced into the camera application
- The device is heated at times and therefore the loading process is slow
- NFC does not work (That's right and consume battery after installing the ROM freeze NFC suggest Titanium Backup Pro or Link2SD).
- Some applications may unexpectedly quit
- Some applications installed from the Play Store will not work because the default run time is ART and as we know some (few) applications are not yet compatible with ART.
- The data connection can sometimes abruptly terminated
- Random reboots

Zip ROM (always download the most current version): http://cubegamemc.de/gee-l/
kernel (E970, E971 and E973): http://d-h.st/9VW

clean install, wipe data, cache system, dalvik
flash kernel
wipe cache and dalvik
enjoy
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to samuel3mn2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Level99
Old
#2  
Level99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 109
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel3mn2 View Post
Android L is here
Bugs:
- Some forced into the camera application
- The device is heated at times and therefore the loading process is slow
- NFC does not work (That's right and consume battery after installing the ROM freeze NFC suggest Titanium Backup Pro or Link2SD).
- Some applications may unexpectedly quit
- Some applications installed from the Play Store will not work because the default run time is ART and as we know some (few) applications are not yet compatible with ART.
- The data connection can sometimes abruptly terminated
- Random reboots

Zip ROM (always download the most current version): http://cubegamemc.de/gee-l/
kernel (E970, E971 and E973): http://d-h.st/9VW

clean install, wipe data, cache system, dalvik
flash kernel
wipe cache and dalvik
enjoy
Looks like I'm going to need to break out the geeb to test this out tonight. Thanks for it. By data connection being abruptly terminated, do you mean cell data, wifi, bluetooth, or all of the above?
Using: Moto G 4G LTE | Nexus 7 F2FS Slimkat 4.4.2
Retired: Samsung Galaxy S3 CM11 | AT&T LG Optimus G KK Stock | Motorola Atrix 4G epinter CM 10.1 | ZTE Radiant | HTC Evo 4G ICS
"stevo doesn't really DO anything, but he sits around and makes us all feel like we're getting MORE done because he does so little"
 
samuel3mn2
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Santo Domingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level99 View Post
Looks like I'm going to need to break out the geeb to test this out tonight. Thanks for it. By data connection being abruptly terminated, do you mean cell data, wifi, bluetooth, or all of the above?
wifi is working data is working 2 i didn't test bluetooth and sd card isn't working
The Following User Says Thank You to samuel3mn2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
topdawg7793
Old
(Last edited by topdawg7793; 4th September 2014 at 06:53 AM.)
#4  
topdawg7793's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 178
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel3mn2 View Post
Android L is here
Bugs:
- Some forced into the camera application
- The device is heated at times and therefore the loading process is slow
- NFC does not work (That's right and consume battery after installing the ROM freeze NFC suggest Titanium Backup Pro or Link2SD).
- Some applications may unexpectedly quit
- Some applications installed from the Play Store will not work because the default run time is ART and as we know some (few) applications are not yet compatible with ART.
- The data connection can sometimes abruptly terminated
- Random reboots

Zip ROM (always download the most current version): http://cubegamemc.de/gee-l/
kernel (E970, E971 and E973): http://d-h.st/9VW

clean install, wipe data, cache system, dalvik
flash kernel
wipe cache and dalvik
enjoy
Can't wait to test!

Update: I still have a lot to learn before I can try to attempt porting LuneOS.
The Following User Says Thank You to topdawg7793 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nygfan760
Old
#5  
nygfan760's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,232
Posts: 2,339
Join Date: Feb 2011
Thanks for posting it over here, but please, please, please give credit to Kenvinjoa and ThatKawaiiGuy for doing the work!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...w-gee-t2818325
Slick Rom for the AT&T Optimus G: Try it!
 
Level99
Old
#6  
Level99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 109
Join Date: Feb 2011
Working very well. Getting those mentioned camera fc's. Hoping eventually for SD card support! Thanks again for this.

Also first boot took about 10 minutes for anyone trying this.
Using: Moto G 4G LTE | Nexus 7 F2FS Slimkat 4.4.2
Retired: Samsung Galaxy S3 CM11 | AT&T LG Optimus G KK Stock | Motorola Atrix 4G epinter CM 10.1 | ZTE Radiant | HTC Evo 4G ICS
"stevo doesn't really DO anything, but he sits around and makes us all feel like we're getting MORE done because he does so little"
 
Toledo_JAB
Old
#7  
Toledo_JAB's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,179
Posts: 2,633
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygfan760 View Post
Thanks for posting it over here, but please, please, please give credit to Kenvinjoa and ThatKawaiiGuy for doing the work!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...w-gee-t2818325
this is very good advice ^^^^^^^^

thread closed
please use the link provided for further posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
Let me be very clear on this:
IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY,
THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I am not able to give device help & support via PM's



THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Discover and Sample the Latest Billboard Music Hits with Billy

Music is a passion that transcends age, gender, race, culture, and geographic … more

Speed Up Jenkins Configuration Process with TSJ

When you are theleader of a largedevelopment project, Gerrit isn’t the only tool that … more

AutoData Regulates Your Connectivity to Save Battery Life

It’s absolutely no secret that battery life is somewhat of anundoingformany … more

Tale of the Great Recoveries

About a week ago, our fantastic writer and my esteemed colleague Tom embarked on a mission to learnthe vast and … more