LG Optimus G Power Button Help

Search This thread

gabessdsp

Mar 9, 2011
So when I was replacing the screen and the frame on my phone I realized the power button had a flex cable, one gentle movement and now it broke. I was able to order a new one but it's been 3 weeks since I had the phone taken apart and I don't remember how the flex cable attaches to the frame so that the button can actually touch it? If somebody could pop off their case and take a picture and/or undo their power button and describe how it goes back together that would be great!

Jun 4, 2014
So when I was replacing the screen and the frame on my phone I realized the power button had a flex cable, one gentle movement and now it broke. I was able to order a new one but it's been 3 weeks since I had the phone taken apart and I don't remember how the flex cable attaches to the frame so that the button can actually touch it? If somebody could pop off their case and take a picture and/or undo their power button and describe how it goes back together that would be great!

In my experience, the power flex cable is soldered to the motherboard usually. You may have either buy a soldering iron and do the most precise work you've ever done in your life or contact a phone store. Sorry if this wasn't helpful.