[Q] Lg optimus G stock Keyboard

Search This thread

ahmed1995

Jul 20, 2014
I am new to this. I tried to root my phone and found out that my stock lg keyboard was deleted although rooting was successful. Next I tried to port LG G2's keyboard. Installed it successfully but all the emojis weren't appearing so I edited the fallback_fonts.xml
Now the keyboard keeps on crashing and the Lgkeyboard option is grayed out.
What do you guys suggest I do?
Can anyone provide me the fallback_fonts.xml from their LGOG or is there an alternate solution? I think I "might" have messed that up as before it was just fine apart from the emojis and stuff.
Please help me out. Quite worried and curious.
Thanks.

clementinox

Jun 25, 2012
I am new to this. I tried to root my phone and found out that my stock lg keyboard was deleted although rooting was successful. Next I tried to port LG G2's keyboard. Installed it successfully but all the emojis weren't appearing so I edited the fallback_fonts.xml
Now the keyboard keeps on crashing and the Lgkeyboard option is grayed out.
What do you guys suggest I do?
Can anyone provide me the fallback_fonts.xml from their LGOG or is there an alternate solution? I think I "might" have messed that up as before it was just fine apart from the emojis and stuff.
Please help me out. Quite worried and curious.
Thanks.

Hi,do you mean you are trying to put the new LG G3 keyboard on your current LG G or the LG G2? I know its possible to get the LG G3's keyboard not sure about the LG G2's keyboard. Let me know I can try to help you from there.

ahmed1995

Jul 20, 2014
Hi,do you mean you are trying to put the new LG G3 keyboard on your current LG G or the LG G2? I know its possible to get the LG G3's keyboard not sure about the LG G2's keyboard. Let me know I can try to help you from there.

Hi,
Thanks for the awaited reply.
Yeah, Basically I own an ATT LG optimus G (E970). I rooted and found that my stock Google keyboard had vanished. Anyhow, I installed the G3 keyboard app port created by cloudy and granted superuser permissions and installed. I had enabled the LG keyboard as default. Upon installing that I found out that the stock LG keyboard too vanished. When I went to system/app folder I found out that the LGEIME.apk had a blue android icon. I think that it wasnt able to recognize the apk. In case you don't know how the blue android apk icon looks like I can post a screenshot here.
I hope I have cleared things up. in-case you want to know more I am more willing to clear things up for you.
Thanks for your time.

clementinox

Jun 25, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for the awaited reply.
Yeah, Basically I own an ATT LG optimus G (E970). I rooted and found that my stock Google keyboard had vanished. Anyhow, I installed the G3 keyboard app port created by cloudy and granted superuser permissions and installed. I had enabled the LG keyboard as default. Upon installing that I found out that the stock LG keyboard too vanished. When I went to system/app folder I found out that the LGEIME.apk had a blue android icon. I think that it wasnt able to recognize the apk. In case you don't know how the blue android apk icon looks like I can post a screenshot here.
I hope I have cleared things up. in-case you want to know more I am more willing to clear things up for you.
Thanks for your time.

Hi,
Since you only mentioned you rooted your device I'm guessing you are still on 4.1.2?
Did you try installing the Google keyboard from the play store and see if it works.

And I saw you asked for the fall back file on your first post. I looked around and they all seem to be different. I have a custom rom on so I don't know how the stock LG one looks like. Can you copy the code inside the fallback_fonts.xml file you have on here?

ahmed1995

Jul 20, 2014
Hi,
Since you only mentioned you rooted your device I'm guessing you are still on 4.1.2?
Did you try installing the Google keyboard from the play store and see if it works.

And I saw you asked for the fall back file on your first post. I looked around and they all seem to be different. I have a custom rom on so I don't know how the stock LG one looks like. Can you copy the code inside the fallback_fonts.xml file you have on here?

Yeah I am on stock jellybean 4.1.2. I did try installing the google keyboard. I was successful in doing that. I'd like you to know the interesting thing thats happening. When I try to push the LGEIME.apk to system app the keyboard option in languages and input is greyed out and the keyboard force closes when i select i as my default. On the other hand when I removed it from system app and installed it as normal apk its working fine. Any idea why is that happening. I have uploaded the file you asked for in txt format.
Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Fallback_fonts.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 6

clementinox

Jun 25, 2012
Yeah I am on stock jellybean 4.1.2. I did try installing the google keyboard. I was successful in doing that. I'd like you to know the interesting thing thats happening. When I try to push the LGEIME.apk to system app the keyboard option in languages and input is greyed out and the keyboard force closes when i select i as my default. On the other hand when I removed it from system app and installed it as normal apk its working fine. Any idea why is that happening. I have uploaded the file you asked for in txt format.
Thanks for your time.

The reason when pushing the file to system app doesn't work could be the permission of the file. To do this use the app "es file explorer" from the play store. Once you push the file in system app, use us file explorer and make sure the permissions of the apk in system app are set to RW-R-R then Reboot your phone.

In ES file Explorer to set permission long press the file you want, at the bottom left click "more" to display options and select properties. A window will pop up and next to the option "permissions" click change. The setup should look like this :
Owner: ☑ ☑ [blank]
Group: ☑ [blank] [blank]
Other: ☑ [blank] [blank]
Hope this works.

ahmed1995

Jul 20, 2014
The reason when pushing the file to system app doesn't work could be the permission of the file. To do this use the app "es file explorer" from the play store. Once you push the file in system app, use us file explorer and make sure the permissions of the apk in system app are set to RW-R-R then Reboot your phone.

In ES file Explorer to set permission long press the file you want, at the bottom left click "more" to display options and select properties. A window will pop up and next to the option "permissions" click change. The setup should look like this :
Owner: ☑ ☑ [blank]
Group: ☑ [blank] [blank]
Other: ☑ [blank] [blank]
Hope this works.

Actually i forgot to write that. I did that already but it still doesnt work. I use the es file explorer and granted these set of permissions. Any other solution?
And why do you think the g3 keyboard doesn't work on phone?

Sorry for the trouble i am creating.

clementinox

Jun 25, 2012
Actually i forgot to write that. I did that already but it still doesnt work. I use the es file explorer and granted these set of permissions. Any other solution?
And why do you think the g3 keyboard doesn't work on phone?

Sorry for the trouble i am creating.

The keyboard should work the port is compatible with devices running at least jelly bean. We can try one more thing. Did you install "busybox" from the app store? Once installed open the app and tap install. Then install install the LG g3 keyboard again using the cloudy port apk.

Another method is flashing the zip file using your custom recovery. Here is the zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567716415
After flashing wipe cache and dalvic cache then reboot. Select it under language and input, hopefully it's not grayed out.

ahmed1995

Jul 20, 2014
The keyboard should work the port is compatible with devices running at least jelly bean. We can try one more thing. Did you install "busybox" from the app store? Once installed open the app and tap install. Then install install the LG g3 keyboard again using the cloudy port apk.

Another method is flashing the zip file using your custom recovery.
After flashing wipe cache and dalvic cache then reboot. Select it under language and input, hopefully it's not grayed out.

Hey.
Thanks for the reply. You know I actually did that. Installed busybox and then ran the port. the problem is when I install the port I can't see the LG keyboard in Languages and Input. when I go to system apps the LGEIME.apk has a blue android thumbnail. I mean the icon, its a blue android. I have attached the icon for you to see and what this means.
the only thing I didnt try was flashing as I did not install any custom recovery.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 2014-08-05-20-46-22.jpg
    2014-08-05-20-46-22.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 38

clementinox

Jun 25, 2012
Hey.
Thanks for the reply. You know I actually did that. Installed busybox and then ran the port. the problem is when I install the port I can't see the LG keyboard in Languages and Input. when I go to system apps the LGEIME.apk has a blue android thumbnail. I mean the icon, its a blue android. I have attached the icon for you to see and what this means.
the only thing I didnt try was flashing as I did not install any custom recovery.
Thanks.

I have seen that icon before on my end as well and most of the time the apk was corrupted and I couldn't install it. I had to download the apk again.
Considering you don't have a custom rom installed, it's hard to tell why you are getting the behavior that you are experiencing on your device. I am almost out of suggestions other than if you want the keyboard to work maybe try a custom recovery and flash a custom rom.