Android 6.0 for the E970 (update)

Search This thread

CEOofOGN

Mar 7, 2016
I'm on Nitrogen OS. I love it. But I have an issue. My ringtone and notification sounds keep switching to "Unknown". I notice it mostly after my phone's battery dies completely. It may do it on reboot as well. I use custom ringtones (ogg) format.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can some of you fantastic developers create an Android M ROM for the LG Optimus G E970 at some point? does anyone have an ETA? I would love to learn to build it myself, but I have limited access to a computer (The library is practically my only source). I noticed that there is no developer preview for the Nexus 4, so would that slow down the building process? Thank you a lot!

Update : @ChiKaLiO is working on a few variants for the Optimus G and might start soon for geeb :D. Someone else has released Marshmallow for other variants...is anyone else working on it?
    can some of you fantastic developers create an android M ROM for the LG Optimus G E970 at some point? does anyone have an ETA? I would love to learn to build it myself, but I have limited access to a computer (The library is practically my only source). I noticed that there is no developer preview for the Nexus 4, so would that slow down the building process? Thank you a lot!

We'll have to compile from source for a bug-free version for the e970. However, there is a Google employee that's working on a version of M for the Nexus 4, so we may just be able to port that version on to our phone. ETAs are a big no-no. I'd get pissed if people kept asking when I'm going to release something when I'm working tirelessly to squash bugs and have a working build. It'll come. Patience is key.
    Marshmallow for E970

I have been running the geeb version of Marshmallow (Nitrogen by Mr Mex) again now for a week or so (March 1 version). The biggest problem is the SIM card is intermittently not recognized when not on a call (shows EMERGENCY CALL ONLY instead of carrier) and Layers does not appear to be as stable for themeing as CM's theme engine though I have found a couple of Layers that spare my retinas.

You can download at http://xyyx.ga/nitrogen-os/geeb/ and install using TWRP v2.8 though Philz last CWM derivative may work as well. I still have one foot in the Resurrection Remix v5.6.4 (Lollipop) camp as it runs nicely on my E970 without the SIM recognition issue and with Privacy Guard and Interruptions has basically the same featureset as Marshmallow just a slightly different implementation. In addition CM themeing appears more polished than Layers for Marshmallow (not necessarily Lollipop) at this time as some Layers cause system problems.

If you want to see how well it works for you I would skip installing any Layers or Xposed until you've run it for a day or so to cut down variables.

See
    http://xdaforums.com/optimus-g-att/development/dev-roms-development-t3279183
    http://xdaforums.com/optimus-g-intl/development/rom-nitrogen-os-27-10-2015-t3234308
    GEEB builds

No problem with camera or SD. There was a major camera problem for a while but that has been fixed in recent builds.
    You do not mention what recovery you used or wipes performed, et cetera.

It installed for me using TWRP 3.0 (for geeb). I dirty flashed (cache wipes only) over my March 1st Nitrogen install.