OP elvirr

27th June 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tuzla
Thanks Meter: 13

148 posts
More
Hi

I have att lg optimus g e970 and my microphone is not working. It doesn't work during calls and also during video recording. I had two same phones and i replaced charging port with microphone (flex cable) and the microphone still doesn't work, so i guess it's not the flex cable.

I tried flashing different roms and radios but it didn't help...
Did somene had the same problem and how did you fix it?

Thanks
5th July 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 45

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvirr

Hi

I have att lg optimus g e970 and my microphone is not working. It doesn't work during calls and also during video recording. I had two same phones and i replaced charging port with microphone (flex cable) and the microphone still doesn't work, so i guess it's not the flex cable.

I tried flashing different roms and radios but it didn't help...
Did somene had the same problem and how did you fix it?

Thanks

This used to be a common problem when people switched from using the stock ROM to a custom KitKat ROM. This was due to a radio issue but has been since fixed to accomodate the JB radio. If not, a hybrid radio should then be flashed to fix the problem.

You should try to switch back to the stock ROM using a full factory reset to make sure that it flashes with the JB radio.

Here is the link to find the stock ROM & JB radio files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2067871
6th July 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tuzla

148 posts
More
I flashed stock rom but the problem remains. Problem is that the microphone won't work even in video recorder or during sound recording.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
7th July 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 45

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvirr

I flashed stock rom but the problem remains. Problem is that the microphone won't work even in video recorder or during sound recording.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Very strange, It should work fine with the Stock ROM. Your phone might just be defective if you tried other ROMS with no success.

Maybe ask for a warranty refund/exchange if its still new. But it it was worked before, then it has to be some sort of hardware issue. Tell me if it EVER worked at all and when it stopped working.
8th July 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tuzla

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gysper

Very strange, It should work fine with the Stock ROM. Your phone might just be defective if you tried other ROMS with no success.

Maybe ask for a warranty refund/exchange if its still new. But it it was worked before, then it has to be some sort of hardware issue. Tell me if it EVER worked at all and when it stopped working.

I don't know if it worked before because i bought it refurbished from ebay. Now i have another problem, the jellow mark has showed up on display, like a spot and it won't go away.
8th July 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #6  
Flag Kaliningrad
Thanks Meter: 2

47 posts
More
Phone could be already sold to you with something broken inside, so... troubles and troubles and troubles
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread