Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 41,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 Snapshots - phone freezes whenever I play HTML5 video

Tip us?

djskribbles
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM11 Snapshots - phone freezes whenever I play HTML5 video

I have been running the latest stable build for a while now and it has been great for the most part. I wanted to try kitkat and one of the snapshot builds. I installed it successfully and everything seemed to be fine. Except when I try to play HTML5 video, my screen goes black and freezes, forcing me to restart it by holding the power button. I tried M7 a few weeks ago, and tried M8 just now. Happens in Chrome or the stock AOSP browser. When I restored to the image backup I created before flashing, it works fine again.

Anyone know why this could be happening?

If someone can test to see if they can play this video, that would be great.

Go to tsn.ca (mobile version). Scroll down to the bottom to view full site (request desktop version will go to a different version of the full site). Then the video player is on the right-hand side. I can't post the link because I don't have enough posts. On my phone, it gets through the 2 advertisement videos, then it freezes to a black screen once the actual video starts.

ilya39
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try other html5 videos, this one works fine for me

djskribbles
Old
(Last edited by djskribbles; 13th July 2014 at 02:40 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya39 View Post
Try other html5 videos, this one works fine for me
Haven't tried, but I specifically visit this site often so if it doesn't work then I unfortunately can't use any of the CM11 builds.

Unrelated, but I'm also wondering where my nandroid backup files are being stored. I see them in recovery, but I don't see them with explorer. Clearly they're somewhere on my card because once I deleted in from CWM, my space increased by over a GB. However it seems like I still have some backup files stored on the card from when I had TWRP installed.

edit: nm, found the backups in data/media in the root directory.