[Q&A] [ROM][CM12.0] Official CM12.0 for E970

Search This thread

rykus

Jan 6, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
please help

i have a lge970 running stock 4.4.2 kitkat. i'm trying to install cm12 nightlies but every version i try i lose my root and my google play ability. i tried all different gaaps from banks to pagapps and nothing worked. keeped gettin google servives has stoppped. i also tried blisspop and valivus and unofficial cm12. nothing worked. we i go back to kitkat i have root and google play but all cm12 roms jus not working am i doin something wrong??? i tried clean install.... tried dirty with gapps without it.... nothing at all..... i also try rooting after cm12 install and could not get my connection to stay in "charge only mode". i'm using a phliz 6.0 as recovery and have f180 baseband... please help i really wanna try d cm12

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
I just updated my dad's E970 to the latest nightly from the stable 10.2 release and everything went fine and the phone runs great. However, does anyone know why his phone now takes longer to charge using the same charger(s)? It seems like it takes around double the time to charge the phone now.

The phone doesn't drain excessively, it just seems like it's not getting as much power as before. I noticed the battery percentage would actually drop with light usage (web browsing) while charging.

dslkldfd

Mar 21, 2015
Every weekend or so I decide to try a new cm12 build, but I continue seeing issues that seem to be unreported here.

Installed cm-12-20150613-NIGHTLY today and found that upon entering my ecryptfs password, Cyanogenmod prompts me to reset my device. I reported this previously (NIGHTLIES-1322) but because I don't know that it ever worked, it's not really a bug.

If i go ahead and reset the data partition (used Titanium Backup to backup data), I can't make calls. I can dial, but and the phone on the other end rings, but we cannot hear each other once the other party picks up. This is with the stock ATT JB radio.

Any tips would be very helpful, as well as an answer as to whether this device has encryption support in cm12 -- I have tried to encrypt the device in previous nightlies, and the encryption process never seems to start.

JoshMcMadMac

Dec 14, 2010
Are there any opinions on which nightly to go with? The wife is wanting a fresh install, and is currently running CM11. I would like to try and avoid any glaring issues if possible. Are there any tricks to updating? Sometimes certain ROMs require installing twice, wiping, etc. Or is it just as simple as wiping CM11, installing CM12, installing Gapps, and restarting?

2bluesc

May 4, 2011
Are there any opinions on which nightly to go with? The wife is wanting a fresh install, and is currently running CM11. I would like to try and avoid any glaring issues if possible. Are there any tricks to updating? Sometimes certain ROMs require installing twice, wiping, etc. Or is it just as simple as wiping CM11, installing CM12, installing Gapps, and restarting?

I've been thinking the same thing, I'm probably going to wait for something closer to a snapshot or milestone release. I'm assuming it will happen soon: http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/releases-11-12-final .

Looks like cm-12-20150625-SNAPSHOT-YNG4NAO09M-e970.zip was release a few days ago, anyone tested it?

jonnyabu

Dec 13, 2013
E970 12.1?

I could be blind but I can't seem to find info on if the LG OG E970 is going to go to 12.1 nightlies or it's development is perhaps done and staying at 12?

Or did things get shifted over to the E975 and we should be installing that one now?

t-readyroc

Jul 19, 2007
St. Leonard, MD
external SD not visible

I went from CM11 > CM12 about a month ago (sticking with the snapshots), and it seems the system doesn't see my external SD card.
  • CyanogenMod version 12-20150625-SNAPSHOT-YNG4NAO09M-e970
  • Build # cm_e970-userdebug 5.0.2 LRX22G cfa218574b test-keys
Is this a known thing? It doesn't even seem like the system has areas to list where there would be a possible card if inserted. :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    since i updated to cm12,go power master has not been able to turn data off when the screen turns off. this was working flawlessly in kitkat. even the go power master widget is not working. thought there might be a problem with root,so flashed supersu 2.40 from recovery. but still it isnt working. any idea what the problem might be?
    Has the app been updated to support LP? At times in the past, access for 3rd party apps to stuff like data connection, which requires root, sometimes changes functionality with version upgrades. Don't know if that's the case in this circumstance, but it's something to look into.
    Sorry to be off topic, but which version of r0asimis's CM11 are you using? Is the 20141114 the most recent?

Yes, I am using that version.
    my battery drains a little fast, is that normal?
    and can i flash the las nightly on top of my actual version without deleting the apps data and all the stuff?

My battery drops to about 40% after about 6 hours with moderate use and wifi on. Probably a little worse than stock.

As far as flashing the latest nightly over a prior nightly, you will not lose any apps or settings. I always wipe the cache and dalvik before flashing.
    thanks for the reply
    yes the battery is an isuue and i want to try flashing a new nightly, maybe that can fix it

Unfortunately I doubt you'll see any change in battery life. Hopefully when or if CM12.1 comes out it will have better battery management, I believe that was one of the improvements coming with android 5.1.
    i flash CM 12 and gapps yesterday in the setup wizard after connecting to wifi i click next then this msg appears :

unfortunately setup wizard has stopped.

clicking ok .it take it back to the first step of setup wizard .i have already tried without flashing gapps and also did factory reset once still nothing.

that happened to me too
    you have to flash any update before march 5 i think, if you flash from scratch a newer version you cant pass the wizard
    after that you can flash the newer version on top of that without wiping anything only cache and dalvik