[KERNEL][F2FS/EXT4][GEE] jolla-kernel v9 (20140825)
* Your warranty is now void.
* This kernel is not built by me.
* It is built by my firend Jollaman999 in Korea android forum.
* But he doesn't have XDA Forum ID.
* So I got a request to upload his kernel instead of him.
* If you wanna contact with him, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Me and Jollaman999 are not responsible for bricked devices.
: Added some features from other kernel sources based on CM kernel. And added some I/O schedulers, Governers, Overclock and Battery optimization.
- ONLY 'MOD KERNEL' NOW
- Used a kernel value which is optimized to battery life and performance balance. So you can use without specific settings.
- Built with latest Linaro 4.9.1
- Used a Linux 3.4.103 kernel
- Used a XZ kernel extraction to decrease kernel loading time.
- Support F2FS format
- Support Kexec Hardboot for dual-booting
- MSM_SLEEPER available. Default clock value is 594MHz but you can change using Trickster MOD app.
(you can limit maximum clock when phone is sleeping mode.)
- BLX (Battery Life eXtender)
- Knock On available (Default value for Double Tap 2 Wake is 1. You have to tap 3 times to wake up your phone.)
- Gamma control feature
- Fast Charge available
- Intelli-Plug available for battery life
- Used Dynamic FSYNC
- Advance sound control available.
- You can set your voltage for each Clocks
- CPU Downclock & Overclock (Supported clock : 81~1890MHz)
- GPU Overclock (Supported clock : 607.5/533/400/320/200/128MHz)
- Default Minimum/Maximum CPU clock : 81MHz / 1134MHz for battery life
- Used 'Smartmax' CPU Governer as default for battery life
- Used FIOPS as a default I/O scheduler for optimize read/write speed
- Used 'Simple' GPU governer as a default
- Used Westwood TCP Congestion as a default
- Available TCP Congestion : westwood, reno, cubic
- Available CPU Governer : lazy, wheatly, asswax, intellidemand, interactive, conservative, ondemand, smartmax,abyssplugv2, lionheart, lulzactive, uberdemand, slim, nightmare, pegasusq, performance
- Available I/O Scheduler : row, cfq, fiops, sio
- Deleted intelli-plug for compaitability and added MSM_Hotplug driver for better hot-pluging.
- Deleted unuseful USB network driver.
- ARM RWSEM, AES, SHA1 algorithm optimization
- Optimization for ARM CPUs. (Allow CPU-supported unaligned acesses, Manage only online CPUs.)
- Android logcat buffer reading size decreased. (256 -> 128)
- Voltage and clock value changed for kernel stablization.
- Intellidemand kernel governer updated to ver 5.0 and deleted Slim governer which is simillar to Intellidemand.
- Smartmax governer suspend_ideal_freq modified. (594000 -> 702000)
- I/O performance increased and buffer reading size increased. (128 -> 512)
- Modified L2 cache size to increase overall kernel performance.
- At mount, used noatime, nodirtime option to I/O performance increase.
- writeback, sched, SElinux optimization.
- FAUX sound updated to v3.5
- Linux 3.16.1 standard update for F2FS.
- Deleted unusefull parts of Knock on, Slide to Wakeup.
- ZRAM supported
- Temperature limit and throttling function optimized to Jolla-kernel (refered myfluxi and motley's source)
- You can use Temperature limiting feature only in TricksterMod Application.
PW : devel
ID : devel
PW : devel
If you are going to download in mobile, use mobile Chrome.
If you wanna use F2FS partition, you must back up your all userdata! It Uses /data/media to foramt into F2FS.
>>EXT4 kernel : flash kernel - wipe cache and dalvik cache
1- Connect your phone with computer and paste all things except fix_flicking.zip and fix_flicking-retore.zip.
2- Flash philz_touch_6.23.3-e975.zip in recovery mode.
3- Reboot recovery
4- Advanced->Sdcard target: /data/media/0 (change with touch)
5- Reboot recovery
6- Backup and Restore->Backup to /sdcard
7- Reboot system
8- Connect your phone with computer and backup all userdata which you want.
9- Copy clockworkmod/backup Folder into your computer.
10- Open the backup which you did and open nandroid.md5 file with notepad.
11- Change all data.ext to data.f2fs and save.
12- Change the real filename same. (.ext -> .f2fs)
13- Reboot recovery
14- Flash jolla-recovery_v4_f2fs.zip in recovery mode.
15- Reboot recovery.
16- Flash jolla-kernel_v8_f2fs_cm-gee.zip in recovery mode.
17- Tap ◁ button and go to main menu.
18- Wipe and Format Options->Custom Format Options->toggle f2fs <-> ext4 migration.
19- format /cache->f2fs->Yes (It will format cache partition as F2FS)
20- format /data and /data/media->f2fs->Yes (It will format your /data partition to F2FS and erase all files in /data/media)
21- Reboot system
22- Your phone is now factory reseted. Skip all settings.
23- Connect your phone with computer and create 'clockworkmod' foler in sdcard.
24- Copy your 'backup' foler which you did at 9-12 into clockworkmod foler.
25- Restore all of your userdata which you backup.
26- Reboot recovery
27- Advanced->Sdcard target: /data/media/0 (you can change by touching)
28- Reboot recovery
29- Backup and Restore->Custom Restore from /sdcard
30- Restore data (x) -> Start Custom Retore job (You need only data restore.)
31- END! reboot system and enjoy F2FS KERNEL!
>> If you have flicking display
- Copy fix_flicking.zip and fix_flicking-retore.zip into your SD card.
- Flash fix_flicking.zip.
- If you have problem with flicking fix patch, flash fix_flicking-retore.zip and report me.
Do not be afraid when you flash F2FS kernel! F2FS has more longer first boot time than EXT4 Filesystem!!!
: 10~12 hours in my phone
Jolla-kernel's all features only fully-working at TricksterMod application. There could be some features which are not working at other kernel controll apps.
[B]Temperature limiting feature is setted 1134MHz on first boot. It does not cause influence when overclock. But if you need better performance, please turn off the temperature limiting feature.[B]
We are trying to make better kernel everytime. Please understand us effort.
Jolla kernel is released with a lots of test in other testphones.
But if it has a bug, Report plz.
And I'm Korean so sorry for my English...
The Linux Kernel Archives : https://www.kernel.org/
cm-11.0 : https://github.com/CyanogenMod
Loller79 Solid_Kernel-Cyano : https://github.com/Loller79/Solid_Kernel-Cyano
faust93 f93_kernel : https://github.com/faust93/f93_kernel
Docker-J Sail_GPROJ : https://github.com/Docker-J/Sail_GPROJ
faux123 mako : https://github.com/faux123/mako
MikeEx kernel_msm : https://github.com/MikeEx/kernel_msm
flar2 ElementalX-m7-4.0 : https://github.com/flar2/ElementalX-m7-4.0
justin0406 AK-xGenesis : https://github.com/justin0406/AK-xGenesis
Porting kexec hardboot : https://github.com/Tasssadar/multiro...kexec-hardboot
544MHz GPU Overclock : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2307086
jaeguek's F2FS filesystem : https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/...uk/f2fs-tools/