Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 50,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LGOG OTG Support

Tip us?

reeper250
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default LGOG OTG Support

I am aware that the E975 does not support OTG stock due to the voltage limit where the phone only supplies 4.2v or something and not quite the 5v it needs to power the OTG. However, I was wondering if there was a rom or kernel that could enable the use of OTG on the device. I have read that using a Y cable could fix this problem but it would be handy to use my OTG usb with the phone without any additional power which is why I have the OTG usb...

hasan4791
Old
Thanks Meter 358
You cant...... As yu already mentioned battery power supply is less than 5v nd its must that yu need external power supply to use usb....also even wen the mobile is is charge it never takes direct current and it always supplied frm battry....

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.4.2 & SOLID Kernel

Guide to Track Android Device|Antitheft|Secure Droid
Don't FORGET to click Thanx...

Works:

Device:

LG Optimus G(E-975) Indian Version
Stock Rom 4.4.2 v20A
Solid Kernel 0.2V

reeper250
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan4791 View Post
You cant...... As yu already mentioned battery power supply is less than 5v nd its must that yu need external power supply to use usb....also even wen the mobile is is charge it never takes direct current and it always supplied frm battry....

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.4.2 & SOLID Kernel
So can I use a portable external USB charger? I'm guessing the USB side of the OTG drive plugs into the power supply, then the micro usb goes into the phone?

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper250 View Post
I have read that using a Y cable could fix this problem
I am not sure if this can be done with certain kernels supporting this feature, but so far, no luck with Y-cable on LG stock and on Solid...
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reeper250
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
I am not sure if this can be done with certain kernels supporting this feature, but so far, no luck with Y-cable on LG stock and on Solid...
Ah bugger... I've been looking at the LG G2 F320 (Korean model) anyway and can get it at a really good price refurbished.

enapah
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This thread just saved me a few bucks, I could have sworn I had seen some confirmation of the Y cable working on stock (maybe it was in some Youtube video).
Oh well... I'm thankful the phone has 32GB built-in storage (it would be a pain otherwise)

2nd Sky
Old
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by enapah View Post
This thread just saved me a few bucks, I could have sworn I had seen some confirmation of the Y cable working on stock (maybe it was in some Youtube video).
Oh well... I'm thankful the phone has 32GB built-in storage (it would be a pain otherwise)
there was an beta stock JB verion for tester with otg support but on final stock rom, no otg support anymore...
LG Optimus G E975
StockRom with Xposed || MIUI v5 <3

Tags
e975, otg, usb