Ask a question

No registration required

Should I buy the LG G3?

OP Adooda

14th July 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Hey guys so I have the E971 I love it really I am using ported kitkat paulicat rom and I really love the LG G series
the thing is I don't know if I should buy the LG G3 or not? I can afford it in good price
and the thing that offical kitkat haven't arrived to the E971 bothers me
14th July 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 188

916 posts
More
I would say go for it. The generation jump alone is worth it, plus if you can get it for a good price then you should take the opportunity.
14th July 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 132

334 posts
More
Personally I wouldn't buy anything until seeing whats going to occur with 64bit. And i was kinda disappointed with the LG-E975 performance after coming from galaxy S1. Other than camera and lte/4G, LG-E975 is not massively faster than SGS1 (i dont play games). What makes a phone great is its development community that continues to find ways to make a phone better and up to date with current android version. I think we have a great dev community for LGOG. A G3 is going to do the same things as LGOG, but slightly faster.

Sent from my LG-F180K using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by nchc; 14th July 2014 at 07:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nchc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Feira
Thanks Meter: 64

226 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchc

Personally I wouldn't buy anything until seeing whats going to occur with 64bit. And i was kinda disappointed with the LG-E975 performance after coming from galaxy S1. Other than camera and lte/4G, LG-E975 is not massively faster than SGS1 (i dont play games). What makes a phone great is its development community that continues to find ways to make a phone better and up to date with current android version. I think we have a great dev community for LGOG. A G3 is going to do the same things as LGOG, but slightly faster.

Really...
If you think the G isn't fast enough compared to SG1 why do you compare the G3 to the G.
The difference between this 2 is even little than the G compared to SG1.
14th July 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 132

334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patalao

Really...
If you think the G isn't fast enough compared to SG1 why do you compare the G3 to the G.
The difference between this 2 is even little than the G compared to SG1.

In specifications, yes there is a big difference. However, in my experience of how i use a phone those specs dont convert to a great difference in daily use. Its kind of like buying a new car, its nice and you drive it faster to begin with. After a month or so you drive it the same as your old car and get to the same places. Your phone carrier keeps the internet at relatively the same speed too.

14th July 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #6  
Flag Feira
Thanks Meter: 64

226 posts
More
That's why I said that the difference between the g3 and the G is even lower,so there's no point in comparing the 2, in your case of course.
If you don't benefit of the features of the phone then there's no point for you to spend much money on this
14th July 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #7  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 9

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adooda

Hey guys so I have the E971 I love it really I am using ported kitkat paulicat rom and I really love the LG G series
the thing is I don't know if I should buy the LG G3 or not? I can afford it in good price
and the thing that offical kitkat haven't arrived to the E971 bothers me

if you have money to spend why not
but it's not a good reason to change phone if the uptade does not come. IMHO
14th July 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by igli83

if you have money to spend why not
but it's not a good reason to change phone if the uptade does not come. IMHO

you are all guys right, the thing is that the knock on/off feature can be really useful to me since I use the phone a lot during meetings and the thing is I don't the LG will continue updating the LG OG anymore and the G3 can stay updated for 2-3 years ahead
but I don't know If I should wait for LG G4 or get this one that's my question

anyway thank you a lot
14th July 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lüdenscheid
Thanks Meter: 2,122

1,688 posts
Donate to Me
More
Trust me or not, you won't ever have 2-3 years support, maybe a year and an half, I would wait an half year or even a year and then decide to buy a new phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevinjoa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #10  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 629

1,374 posts
More
FWIW, my biggest issue with G3 is its size. Performance and functionality definitely gets improved with each generation, and there is no reason for not getting the best if you can afford it, but the the whole "bigger is better" trend is just driving me bonkers. I mean, with every new flagship from any OEM, the phones get bigger and bigger. G's size is perfect for me. G2 is marginally bigger (more if you add a case), but still manageable. That would be the largest form-factor for me to use comfortably. Everything bigger (and G3 is quite noticeably bigger) is just unreasonable for a phone, and getting close to a tablet territory. I never understood WTH a "phablet" is. There is no such thing in my book -- you can't sit between two chairs, you just have to put your a$$ on one or the other. Anyway, just my $0.02 worth...

The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread