Cracked screen, visible but doesn't respond to touch.

1st September 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200

1,252 posts
Hey guys, I am in dire need of help... I have a family member with an LG Optimus G and the screen has been cracked on it, unfortunately the device is full of baby photos. The device was left in charge only mode and we can't seem to access media sync or anything like that. The strange part was that we also tried getting it into bootloader but it REFUSES to do so. We can see the screen, it just doesn't respond to touch. Any ideas? It seems like most data recovery programs require usb debugging to be turned on and then we were gonna go the adb pull route but like I said... It won't go into bootloader. Phone boots fine though.

It seems the device will only show up as "Unknown device" as well.
Last edited by Daiskei; 1st September 2014 at 09:10 PM.
2nd September 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 200

1,252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiskei

Hey guys, I am in dire need of help... I have a family member with an LG Optimus G and the screen has been cracked on it, unfortunately the device is full of baby photos. The device was left in charge only mode and we can't seem to access media sync or anything like that. The strange part was that we also tried getting it into bootloader but it REFUSES to do so. We can see the screen, it just doesn't respond to touch. Any ideas? It seems like most data recovery programs require usb debugging to be turned on and then we were gonna go the adb pull route but like I said... It won't go into bootloader. Phone boots fine though.

It seems the device will only show up as "Unknown device" as well.

Bumping as I REALLY need help with this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Optimus G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank