Ask a question

No registration required

Data recovery

OP zibion

16th August 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I broke my screen a couple of days ago. I don't want to change the screen since i decided to buy a new phone. However, I'll like to recover my data from the phone.

Here's my phone condition before i messed it up a bit.
1) Screen cracked and digitizer completely non functional.
2) USB debugging off.

The first time i cracked my screen( yes this is the second time), i used my phone explorer to connect to my phone since my USB debugging was on that time, but this time it was off. So i decided to Google for solution and try to flash recovery and mount my memory in order to get back my media.

I used this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2249500
teeny bin plus TWRP and try to go in to recovery. But the TWRP version was not for E975 and it has the password prompt problem. So i decided to fastboot CWM into it directly via adb. I downloaded the latest E975 non touch CWM and fast boot it.
I can control and access into the CWM menu but it keep giving me Error mounting /data! when i try to mount /data and the screen just flash once and go back to the mounts menu when i press mount USB storage.

I thought it was the ROM problem so i tried to flash the original ROM using LG support tool. It successfully flashed the ROM but it get stuck in the starhub logo ( a Singapore telecom and the phone is from Singapore). And then i try to flash E97510G_00.kdz(i'm not sure what version is this but it's a stock ROM) using kdz updater but it stuck in the LG logo too.

So now i'm wondering if my data are still there in the memory or already been wiped out during the process. If it isn't, it'll be really helpful if anyone can guide me through the data recovery process.
18th August 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
So no one can help?
18th August 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag Pathumthani
Thanks Meter: 734

911 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibion

So no one can help?

KDZ flashing delete all data.
The Following User Says Thank You to artit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by artit

KDZ flashing delete all data.

Ahh i see, no hope in salvaging my contacts then. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread