Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

E975 Indian Kitkat REVIEW

OP flawlessking

3rd August 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I am not a pro, pls excuse me....

Hi guys, i updated this much awaited kitkat update as soon it was available OTA, jelly bean was good but had some battery drainage issues(not for many though) so i was very much anticipating this update.....But guys for me the kitkat update has been a big disappointment, why? read further

cons.....
1. lagging ui and app drawer!!!!! my lgog was lag free on jb
2. slow touch response, i can feel the difference, specially on keyboard, on jb it was way quiker
3. keyboard is slow...switching between numbers and alphabets is not that quick, back space is headache
4. notification led not working for whtsapp, facebook etc
5. dewdrop animation is buggy
6. lock button doesnt work somtime, needs double press to unlock
7. sometimes holding the power button to turn off the phone doesnt bring the menu, gets lock and its damn frustrating
8. vibration when the other person picks the phone isnt working even if u have the option turned on
9. themes, live wallpapers all missing
10. battery acts weird, when phone is restarted it drops upto like 5-10%
11. accuracy of touch screen has been degraded
pros......
1. definitely camera is better, focus issues got solved
2. i can see a little improvement in the battery department, not much noticeable though

weird things with kitkat.....,,
had got some pics to test the cam, but got some corrupted and automatically got deleted

I WANT TO GET BACK TO JELLYBEAN!!!!!!! PLEASE GUY TELL ME THE EASIEST METHOD TO DO SO, INDIAN JB STOCK ROM
Last edited by flawlessking; 3rd August 2014 at 12:35 AM.
3rd August 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

96 posts
More
KitKat does have some issues on OG. I've noticed a dramatically better battery life.
You can flash back the Jelly Bean KDZ file as described in several posts such as "Freaking Annoying Questions".
3rd August 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag Muzaffarnagar
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Same story here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlessking

I am not a pro, pls excuse me....

Hi guys, i updated this much awaited kitkat update as soon it was available OTA, jelly bean was good but had some battery drainage issues(not for many though) so i was very much anticipating this update.....But guys for me the kitkat update has been a big disappointment, why? read further

cons.....
1. lagging ui and app drawer!!!!! my lgog was lag free on jb
2. slow touch response, i can feel the difference, specially on keyboard, on jb it was way quiker
3. keyboard is slow...switching between numbers and alphabets is not that quick, back space is headache
4. notification led not working for whtsapp, facebook etc
5. dewdrop animation is buggy
6. lock button doesnt work somtime, needs double press to unlock
7. sometimes holding the power button to turn off the phone doesnt bring the menu, gets lock and its damn frustrating
8. vibration when the other person picks the phone isnt working even if u have the option turned on
9. themes, live wallpapers all missing
10. battery acts weird, when phone is restarted it drops upto like 5-10%
11. accuracy of touch screen has been degraded
pros......
1. definitely camera is better, focus issues got solved
2. i can see a little improvement in the battery department, not much noticeable though

weird things with kitkat.....,,
had got some pics to test the cam, but got some corrupted and automatically got deleted

I WANT TO GET BACK TO JELLYBEAN!!!!!!! PLEASE GUY TELL ME THE EASIEST METHOD TO DO SO, INDIAN JB STOCK ROM

Same issues with my LGOG after KitKat update. Now I am repenting why I updated. Hopefully LG will issue a bug fix update soon.
5th August 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 370

1,078 posts
More
I didn't face such strange issues.... Juz take backup nd flash the kdz with new flash tool... That might help yu...!! I think there is some issues when updating to KK via OTA... have you did hard reset aftr updating...??

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.4.2 & SOLID Kernel
5th August 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
YES OTA may be the problem, i want to flash a fresh KITKAT rom now, i would appreciate if you please give me the official kitkat indian rom download link...
5th August 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #6  
Flag Pathumthani
Thanks Meter: 734

911 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlessking

YES OTA may be the problem, i want to flash a fresh KITKAT rom now, i would appreciate if you please give me the official kitkat indian rom download link...

Please download from http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=20
The Following User Says Thank You to artit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
thanks buddy

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread