Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

E975 Indian Kitkat REVIEW

Tip us?

flawlessking
Old
(Last edited by flawlessking; 2nd August 2014 at 11:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default E975 Indian Kitkat REVIEW

I am not a pro, pls excuse me....

Hi guys, i updated this much awaited kitkat update as soon it was available OTA, jelly bean was good but had some battery drainage issues(not for many though) so i was very much anticipating this update.....But guys for me the kitkat update has been a big disappointment, why? read further

cons.....
1. lagging ui and app drawer!!!!! my lgog was lag free on jb
2. slow touch response, i can feel the difference, specially on keyboard, on jb it was way quiker
3. keyboard is slow...switching between numbers and alphabets is not that quick, back space is headache
4. notification led not working for whtsapp, facebook etc
5. dewdrop animation is buggy
6. lock button doesnt work somtime, needs double press to unlock
7. sometimes holding the power button to turn off the phone doesnt bring the menu, gets lock and its damn frustrating
8. vibration when the other person picks the phone isnt working even if u have the option turned on
9. themes, live wallpapers all missing
10. battery acts weird, when phone is restarted it drops upto like 5-10%
11. accuracy of touch screen has been degraded
pros......
1. definitely camera is better, focus issues got solved
2. i can see a little improvement in the battery department, not much noticeable though

weird things with kitkat.....,,
had got some pics to test the cam, but got some corrupted and automatically got deleted

I WANT TO GET BACK TO JELLYBEAN!!!!!!! PLEASE GUY TELL ME THE EASIEST METHOD TO DO SO, INDIAN JB STOCK ROM

jordy1990
Old
Thanks Meter 19
KitKat does have some issues on OG. I've noticed a dramatically better battery life.
You can flash back the Jelly Bean KDZ file as described in several posts such as "Freaking Annoying Questions".

technomedico
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Same story here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlessking View Post
I am not a pro, pls excuse me....

Hi guys, i updated this much awaited kitkat update as soon it was available OTA, jelly bean was good but had some battery drainage issues(not for many though) so i was very much anticipating this update.....But guys for me the kitkat update has been a big disappointment, why? read further

cons.....
1. lagging ui and app drawer!!!!! my lgog was lag free on jb
2. slow touch response, i can feel the difference, specially on keyboard, on jb it was way quiker
3. keyboard is slow...switching between numbers and alphabets is not that quick, back space is headache
4. notification led not working for whtsapp, facebook etc
5. dewdrop animation is buggy
6. lock button doesnt work somtime, needs double press to unlock
7. sometimes holding the power button to turn off the phone doesnt bring the menu, gets lock and its damn frustrating
8. vibration when the other person picks the phone isnt working even if u have the option turned on
9. themes, live wallpapers all missing
10. battery acts weird, when phone is restarted it drops upto like 5-10%
11. accuracy of touch screen has been degraded
pros......
1. definitely camera is better, focus issues got solved
2. i can see a little improvement in the battery department, not much noticeable though

weird things with kitkat.....,,
had got some pics to test the cam, but got some corrupted and automatically got deleted

I WANT TO GET BACK TO JELLYBEAN!!!!!!! PLEASE GUY TELL ME THE EASIEST METHOD TO DO SO, INDIAN JB STOCK ROM
Same issues with my LGOG after KitKat update. Now I am repenting why I updated. Hopefully LG will issue a bug fix update soon.

hasan4791
Old
Thanks Meter 364
I didn't face such strange issues.... Juz take backup nd flash the kdz with new flash tool... That might help yu...!! I think there is some issues when updating to KK via OTA... have you did hard reset aftr updating...??

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.4.2 & SOLID Kernel

Guide to Track Android Device|Antitheft|Secure Droid
Don't FORGET to click Thanx...

Works:

Device:

LG Optimus G(E-975) Indian Version
Stock Rom 4.4.2 v20A
Solid Kernel 0.2V

flawlessking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
YES OTA may be the problem, i want to flash a fresh KITKAT rom now, i would appreciate if you please give me the official kitkat indian rom download link...

artit
Old
Thanks Meter 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawlessking View Post
YES OTA may be the problem, i want to flash a fresh KITKAT rom now, i would appreciate if you please give me the official kitkat indian rom download link...
Please download from http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=20
The Following User Says Thank You to artit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flawlessking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks buddy