E975 KitKat 4.4.2 Wifi problem

Search This thread

Chramar

Aug 6, 2014
Here's my problem:
After flashing my Optimus G from 4.1.2 P4 Poland to v20A France a strange problem occured. My wifi, although it connects nicely, works almost 10 times slower than it should. I should have about 10Mbps, not 1Mbps. The funny thing is that my upload speed is slightly faster than the download, for example for 1,12Mbps down i get like 1,80 up. I've had this problem for 3 days or so, so obviously I didn't just sit and watch. Here are things that I tried, but they didn't work:

- soft reseting (for about a minute after the reset wifi works normally, then it goes down)
- flashing back to 4.1.2 (my prev soft), factory reseting, flashing back to 4.4.2 (v20A France),
- flashing v20A Italy,
- flashing to v20B France (I'm on it now),
- restarting the router and the acces point,
- applying zip update named FixWifi found on this forum,
- downloading app called WifiFixer, it did help but for a single measure only. I mean I had to run it again after every measure of the speed, because the first was ok and the next ones were slow again,
- getting as close as possible to the router and running the test again, no changes,
- setting static IP for my wifi,
- forgeting and reconnecting to my wifi (worked like the reset, only for a while),
- turning on the airplane mode (it worked for about 30 minutes, then it went down again).

I use Ookla Speedtest for the measurements.
My modem with router is TP-LINK TD-8816
and my router with acces point is Asus WL-520GU. I'm using double routing.
Other Android devices in this wifi work normally (Nexus 4 and SGS3).

Can anybody help me? I ran out of ideas.
Please. Oh, and when you reply, please use simple words because firstly - I'm not so good in this topic and secondly - English is not my native language :p

Cheers!
Chramar

Last edited:

Chramar

Aug 6, 2014
Ok, the Wifi Analyzer showed me, that my wifi works on 2412MHz. After setting the freq in the app from the link to 5GHz the wifi won't even connect.

Last edited:

Chramar

Aug 6, 2014
I'm sorry for the double post, but I still need help so I decided to bump this topic up.

Edit: I went back do 4.1.2 (10E) and everything is ok. Can be closed.

Last edited: