[Q] F180K modem is not compatible with E975 stock roms?

Search This thread

ruddnr951

Hi. I found the MIUI 4.8.1 based on E975 20A Thailand firmware in Android development thread.

http://xdaforums.com/optimus-g-intl/development/rom-miui-v5-4-8-1-based-stock-lg-kitkat-t2839043

here is link.

I have F180K korean model. When I flash this rom, it successfully boot. But it says 'no service' and cannot find carrier.

How can I fix it? Any other roms which are based on E975 stock firmware like ARTMOD 4.1ST etc. is available to flash, but always communication error.

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
Hi. I found the MIUI 4.8.1 based on E975 20A Thailand firmware in Android development thread.

http://xdaforums.com/optimus-g-intl/development/rom-miui-v5-4-8-1-based-stock-lg-kitkat-t2839043

here is link.

I have F180K korean model. When I flash this rom, it successfully boot. But it says 'no service' and cannot find carrier.

How can I fix it? Any other roms which are based on E975 stock firmware like ARTMOD 4.1ST etc. is available to flash, but always communication error.

Stock rom use different ril library for different model, If you want to try you can replace /system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so with F180K Kitkat rom. And maybe /system/etc/telephony.xml. I'm not sure it'll work.

But what I did is compare all files from 2 roms and get all different file to make a patch. It works for my patch to change from Thai firmware to German. (I also change kernel but I don't think there are anything relate to mobile signal in it)

Reactions: ruddnr951

ruddnr951

Thanx

Stock rom use different ril library for different model, If you want to try you can replace /system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so with F180K Kitkat rom. And maybe /system/etc/telephony.xml. I'm not sure it'll work.

But what I did is compare all files from 2 roms and get all different file to make a patch. It works for my patch to change from Thai firmware to German. (I also change kernel but I don't think there are anything relate to mobile signal in it)

I'm really appreciated at your answer. I will try now and say you a result :)

vietrap91

Jul 9, 2013
Bến Tre
www.vietrap91.pro.mk

here is link.

1.Back to stock for full singal.
2.Use this tool for backup imei and signal network.
http://files.optimusg.cf/IMEI-MODEM/F180_Backups6.zip
3. Flash rom miui 4.8.1
4.Download SQLeditor. Need root for use.
http://files.optimusg.cf/APK/SQLeditor.apk
5. Root. Install SQLeditor and Change Subscription mode 1 => 0, and reboot phone.
uploadfromtaptalk1407439293483.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1407439302732.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1407439313501.jpg
6. Restore backup6 imei and modem from my tool.

Use this step for all e975 rom on f180k for full signal network.
I come from Viet Nam. Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruddnr951

ruddnr951

Thank you for replying!

1.Back to stock for full singal.
2.Use this tool for backup imei and signal network.
3. Flash rom miui 4.8.1
4.Download SQLeditor. Need root for use.
5. Root. Install SQLeditor and Change Subscription mode 1 => 0, and reboot phone.
View attachment 2888355
View attachment 2888356
View attachment 2888357
6. Restore backup6 imei and modem from my tool.

Use this step for all e975 rom on f180k for full signal network.
I come from Viet Nam. Sorry for my bad English.

If this method works in ARTMOD 4.1 ST which is based on E975 EU stock firmware?

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
I cannot fix it OMG....

Please try ARTMOD and edit sqlite table to make sure that it not my rom bugs. If that method is not work on that rom, maybe you miss something importance about F180K and e975 convertion. Maybe other F180 user can give your more info.

And if you can use logcat other member may help you verify what is error. Make sure that you enable use debug on phone.

adb logcat > debug.log

Or use catlog to show log on phone.

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
As i remember 2 years ago korean users, like me, had problems with the signal on roms different than korean stock.

I dont remember how exactly it was done, but the core action was to change provider checking mode from SIM/RUIM to NV/SIM/RUIM.
Or vice-versa, cause i dont remember that correctly lol.

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
As i remember 2 years ago korean users, like me, had problems with the signal on roms different than korean stock.

I dont remember how exactly it was done, but the core action was to change provider checking mode from SIM/RUIM to NV/SIM/RUIM.
Or vice-versa, cause i dont remember that correctly lol.

Um... I see that NV setting in CDMA option in MIUI worldwide phone setting and I enable that selection in my rom next update. Not sure this will solve this signal problem or not.
@ruddnr951, Maybe you should play with LG hidden menu and see what difference between Mobile network default setting in e975 and F180 kdz.

ruddnr951

Thank you for replying!

Um... I see that NV setting in CDMA option in MIUI worldwide phone setting and I enable that selection in my rom next update. Not sure this will solve this signal problem or not.

@ruddnr951, Maybe you should play with LG hidden menu and see what difference between Mobile network default setting in e975 and F180 kdz.

Thank you of replying and hearing user's comments :)

Top Liked Posts