Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Fix] Low or only 3g signal on kitkat fix

Tip us?

zeexhan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Fix] Low or only 3g signal on kitkat fix

This is for any one who have lost their 2g signals/low signal/ or having just 3g signals
I had this problem after flashing VDT rom and lost my 2g signals and i tried what not i even tried to destroy my EFS partition, repair shops couldn't fix it even i got hopeless that my phone will ever work and was using my phone as PMP for a month but finally today i flashed Ice cream sandwich KDZ and i got my phone into working condition again.... have strong 2g + 3g signals
now the solution is pretty simple

Uninstall everything related to LG e.g. drivers b2c tool everything restart your Computer

1. you need to install latest drivers
2. Download kds flash tool (refer to this post for drivers and flashtool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2797190)
3. Download Ice cream Sandwich version for your phone
4. "This is important" Select CDMA
5. Select your kdz file
6. Select cs_emergency
7. Finally click on CSE Flash (it will flash and hard reset your phone)
8. Don't change country or language
9. After extraction you might get error "Unable to connects to server try later" ignore it, process will continue under it,
10. Your phone will restart and boot into ice cream sandwich.. now put in your sim and restart phone again and Voila you got your signals back
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	134
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	2831117

why this works ?? because icecream sandwich had a different partition scheme as compared to 4.1 jellybean onward, so it Formatted my EFS and it re partitions the whole storage if you are lucky you might recover your IMEI too stored somwhere in you EFS.. IF you recover your IMEI please share and help others... CHEERS!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zeexhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

irfan834u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Currently i have not lost my imei. Do i need to backup my imei before applying this procedure?

zeexhan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan834u View Post
Currently i have not lost my imei. Do i need to backup my imei before applying this procedure?
I didn't back up my imei.. But for u.. U must take a back up of ur EFS.. But this procedure is safe i flashed 4.0.4 got signals back then flashes 4.4.2.. And signals are awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to zeexhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

irfan834u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I search but could not found any link of ics sdk for f180k.

If you know please share link with me.. thanks in advance

zeexhan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan834u View Post
I search but could not found any link of ics sdk for f180k.

If you know please share link with me.. thanks in advance
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...3&uk=655869604

http://main.develoid.com:81/lg/Optimus%20G/firmware/

F180k10h_00 is your firmware
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeexhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jayanth 975
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeexhan View Post
This is for any one who have lost their 2g signals/low signal/ or having just 3g signals
I had this problem after flashing VDT rom and lost my 2g signals and i tried what not i even tried to destroy my EFS partition, repair shops couldn't fix it even i got hopeless that my phone will ever work and was using my phone as PMP for a month but finally today i flashed Ice cream sandwich KDZ and i got my phone into working condition again.... have strong 2g + 3g signals
now the solution is pretty simple

Uninstall everything related to LG e.g. drivers b2c tool everything restart your Computer

1. you need to install latest drivers
2. Download kds flash tool (refer to this post for drivers and flashtool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2797190)
3. Download Ice cream Sandwich version for your phone
4. "This is important" Select CDMA
5. Select your kdz file
6. Select cs_emergency
7. Finally click on CSE Flash (it will flash and hard reset your phone)
8. Don't change country or language
9. After extraction you might get error "Unable to connects to server try later" ignore it, process will continue under it,
10. Your phone will restart and boot into ice cream sandwich.. now put in your sim and restart phone again and Voila you got your signals back
Attachment 2831117

why this works ?? because icecream sandwich had a different partition scheme as compared to 4.1 jellybean onward, so it Formatted my EFS and it re partitions the whole storage if you are lucky you might recover your IMEI too stored somwhere in you EFS.. IF you recover your IMEI please share and help others... CHEERS!!!!!

cant find ics link for optimus g e 975 could you plz share it (indian version or int)

hasan4791
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayanth 975 View Post
cant find ics link for optimus g e 975 could you plz share it (indian version or int)
No ics for Indian version... They released phone with JB ly...

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.4.2 & SOLID Kernel

Guide to Track Android Device|Antitheft|Secure Droid
Don't FORGET to click Thanx...

Works:

Device:

LG Optimus G(E-975) Indian Version
Stock Rom 4.4.2 v20A
Solid Kernel 0.2V

Jayanth 975
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question lg E975

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan4791 View Post
No ics for Indian version... They released phone with JB ly...

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.4.2 & SOLID Kernel

how to get back signals in my phone is there any other method cause i tried flashing KDZ 10E but didnt work for me can you help me to get the signals back

marfioso
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for sharing, I have the same problem with my e975 and will try this later if it would work.

Nico1997
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have E987 in Argentina. No ICS version, the phone came with JB. As you can do?