Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help with LG Optimus G F-180 unrooting process.

Tip us?

Zohaibzx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need help with LG Optimus G F-180 unrooting process.

I will try to make my question as simple as i can.

I bought a used LG Optimus G F-180 yesterday. Its rooted with a custom ROM installed (i checked through many apps from play store, they all showed that it has root access). So my question is "How do i unroot it and revert back to the original software/firmware/ROM? And after reverting how do i update it to stock 4.4.2 KitKat?"

Please provide step by step instructions and links as im new to this rooting/unrooting.

Cheers!

BartxGamer
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Post Little guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohaibzx View Post
I will try to make my question as simple as i can.

I bought a used LG Optimus G F-180 yesterday. Its rooted with a custom ROM installed (i checked through many apps from play store, they all showed that it has root access). So my question is "How do i unroot it and revert back to the original software/firmware/ROM? And after reverting how do i update it to stock 4.4.2 KitKat?"

Please provide step by step instructions and links as im new to this rooting/unrooting.

Cheers!
There are a lot of threads about flashing new ROM. Dont make in future more similar threads.
USE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING.

Hi,

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR UNSUCCESFULL FLASH. EVERY PHONE IS DIFFERENT. EVEN EVERY LG OPTIMUS G IS DIFFERENT, in its way.. YOU BRICK=YOU FIX.

YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS GUIDE TOO. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498102
But LG flash tool 2014 is simplier.

First make sure you have:

Fully charged phone,
Know how to enter download mode (turn off phone > hold volume buttons > connect to pc)
Turned off debugging mode

IF SOMETHING GO WRONG AND YOU WANT GO BACK FROM DOWNLOAD MODE, HOLD POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 10 Seconds, than release it and phone will restart. But disconnect from pc first...

DOWNLOADED:
LG flash tool - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2797190
Drivers.
KDZ FOR YOUR LG VARIANT.
Download LATEST LG Mobile Support Tool

All your data will be removed.
0. Unpack zip with flash tool somewhere to NEW folder. Name it what you like.
1. Enter download mode
2. In the LG Flash tool choose 3GQCT or CDMA it depends on what u have.. I guess 3GQCT
And choose CS_EMERGENCY (always when coming back from custom ROM)
And choose KDZ with your Original system, which HAS TO be placed in LG FLASH TOOL folder.
3. Click Normal Flash > Start > choose region (korea) and language (what u want)
4. Now the process will begin.
5. After finish flash, your phone can bootloop. Than you have to make reset to clean it up.
6. Done, you have clean system and everything.

Tip for future.
!!Dont change radio in LG, you can mess it up...!!

Thanks to:
@davevinci
@quangnhut123
And my friend @hpesojames

If something is not good, pm me.

Using: LG Optimus G E975
ROM: Original
Interests: Music, Android Developing (Amateur)
Phone(Time) line: LGOG, LGO2x, Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Diamond, Nokia E51
The Following User Says Thank You to BartxGamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]