Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[Q] Is the new Kitkat Update for the Optimus G (e975) worth it?

OP Agentkwik

4th August 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Greetings fellow users. I see that the new 4.4.2 update for the Optimus G has been released for the E975 variant (v20a).

My question is very simple. Before trying on this update which I cannot turn back (since I don't want to flash anything anymore)

I must know whether or not this update is really better than the 4.1.2 version of this phone.

Also if there are any bugs that you've observed, please do include them to your responses. Thank you and God bless
4th August 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #2  

6 posts
cons.....
1. lagging ui and app drawer!!!!! my lgog was lag free on jb
2. slow touch response, i can feel the difference, specially on keyboard, on jb it was way quiker
3. keyboard is slow...switching between numbers and alphabets is not that quick, back space is headache
4. notification led not working for whtsapp, facebook etc
5. dewdrop animation is buggy
6. lock button doesnt work somtime, needs double press to unlock
7. sometimes holding the power button to turn off the phone doesnt bring the menu, gets lock and its damn frustrating
8. vibration when the other person picks the phone isnt working even if u have the option turned on
9. themes, live wallpapers all missing
10. battery acts weird, when phone is restarted it drops upto like 5-10%
11. accuracy of touch screen has been degraded
pros......
1. definitely camera is better, focus issues got solved
2. i can see a little improvement in the battery department, not much noticeable though
4th August 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag Muzaffarnagar
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its not worth it dear!
I updated my Optimus G (E975) and after two days of this all I have to say is that the firmware is pretty buggy as of now. I would say that you should wait for some time (say for another week), may be LG will upload a bug-fix version of the firmware soon.
4th August 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #4  

6 posts
i hope lg solves the problem asap
5th August 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thumbs up
Thanks for the answers guys! Really appreciate it. And it's just sad that after this very long wait we get a buggy update from lg
By the way, is there anyone who has already update their Optimus G to the v20B or higher?
If there are, then can you share your experiences with it?
7th August 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #6  
Flag Eden
Thanks Meter: 10

160 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentkwik

Thanks for the answers guys! Really appreciate it. And it's just sad that after this very long wait we get a buggy update from lg
By the way, is there anyone who has already update their Optimus G to the v20B or higher?
If there are, then can you share your experiences with it?

Yeees, its very buggy. I used android 4.4 on LG OG. And it hasnt got any bugs. I haven't noticed even one. Im on F180k, maybe this is d difference.
7th August 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 126

604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartxGamer

Yeees, its very buggy. I used android 4.4 on LG OG. And it hasnt got any bugs. I haven't noticed even one. Im on F180k, maybe this is d difference.

Maybe because the F180 update has been here for a while longer, it has already recieved a few minor updates, aka bugfixes. The other version should be recieving them soon enough.
8th August 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo

Maybe because the F180 update has been here for a while longer, it has already recieved a few minor updates, aka bugfixes. The other version should be recieving them soon enough.

True, true... I just hope it would be fixed quicker. And thanks for the comments guys. Will be needing more news on this update when it would be stable for the e975

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread