Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]power button long press not working

Tip us?

vangeodee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q]power button long press not working

Title says it all. When I long press the power button the menu does not pop up. it just locks the device after a few seconds.

I'm running Sling v2.2.2 KitKat 4.4.4 didn't mod it in any way. it's the same as the time I flashed the original ROM, just with a few more apps.

Any tips?

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangeodee View Post
Title says it all. When I long press the power button the menu does not pop up. it just locks the device after a few seconds.

I'm running Sling v2.2.2 KitKat 4.4.4 didn't mod it in any way. it's the same as the time I flashed the original ROM, just with a few more apps.

Any tips?
This seems to be one of a few quirks of Sling ROM... I have this issue, too. Happens after the phone is up for some time (works initially, then stops working at some point). Other people have also reported the same problem. I haven't seen a solution to this... A bit annoying, but no big deal for me -- I just use whatever shutdown/reboot option I have handy (usually ROM Toolbox or Quick Boot).

BTW, Sling 2.2.2 is not KK 4.4.4...
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

vangeodee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
This seems to be one of a few quirks of Sling ROM... I have this issue, too. Happens after the phone is up for some time (works initially, then stops working at some point). Other people have also reported the same problem. I haven't seen a solution to this... A bit annoying, but no big deal for me -- I just use whatever shutdown/reboot option I have handy (usually ROM Toolbox or Quick Boot).

BTW, Sling 2.2.2 is not KK 4.4.4...
Oh, didn't notice I typed 4.4.4. thanks for the reply anyway, I just held the power button down long enough and it powered off. After rebooting it the menu started working again, so no biggies.