[Q] Doubt about Lg Optimus g models

OP TheJoker0

7th July 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

77 posts
I don't understand and there doesn't look to be a simple and clear explanation about what I'm asking, so here it goes:
What is the difference between the F180 versions and the e975? I mean, I've heard F180 are from korea but mine is also made in korea. Does it mean it is a F180?

Sry if this is noob, but I've always had this doubt ..

Thank
7th July 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 610

1,327 posts
More
Where the phone is made has nothing to do with the model. F180S/K/L are the phones for three carriers on Korean market. In a nutshell, F180 uses the same hardware as E975. Two main differences:

1. F180 has a DVB module instead of FM Radio in E975 (with a telescopic TV antenna in the upper right left corner). This feature is useless outside of Korea, but doesn't cause any problems (just doesn't work). If you don't have this antenna on your phone, you can be sure it's not F180.
2. LTE bands are different from E975, and also different between three F180 models. Few people are reporting that LTE on F180 actually works in some countries outside of Korea, but be ready to accept the fact that you will not have LTE.

For more details, look up topics about F180 to E975 conversion and associated problems (mostly with the network signal and screwed-up IMEI). There is A LOT of info on the subject.
Last edited by kt-Froggy; 8th July 2014 at 09:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

77 posts
Thanks a lot!

I understand it now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread