Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stuck with flashing kdz

OP ahsanshah

30th October 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag wah cantt
Thanks Meter: 3

119 posts
More
I flashed some europian E975 stock rom on F180L, I want to flash back the stock kdz F180L but the flashing process always stuck at the following error. Please help guys

00:34:06 : Phone Mode(1)
00:34:06 : *****GetPhoneType Start*****
00:34:06 : Phone Type : CDMA_2CHIP
00:34:06 : *****GetPhoneModel Start*****
00:34:06 : You can't continue the upgrade due to errors.\nFollow the order: (1)Separate the USB cable and battery from the phone; (2)Connect the battery; \n(3) Connect the USB cable to the phone.\n(4)Press the power button on the phone for 3~5 seconds. When the phone is on,\npress the '[Restart]' button for upgrade.\nGo to LG Mobile home and read notices about upgrades.\nTo finish the upgrade, press the 'Finish' button. (_GetPhoneModel() strlen(pPhoneModelBuf) Error)
00:34:06 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR
00:34:06 : Page_Error 부분입니다
00:34:06 : 여기는 Retry 부분입니다
00:34:06 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate
31st October 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 5

94 posts
More
What program you using to flash?
Are you connecting the phone in download mode or normal mode?

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st October 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag wah cantt

119 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackenggr

What program you using to flash?
Are you connecting the phone in download mode or normal mode?

Ofcourse in download mode.Using LG flash tool (UpTestEX.exe).
Tried clean start on a different PC as well. Same issue.
I want to change F180L to E975 but not able to flash any stock kdz right now
31st October 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag Lahore

94 posts
More
Use the CS_Emergancy mode if still not work try the new LG Flash Tool 2014 that is simple new one that not require the setting up the webserver etc. If still not work and you have unlocked the bootloader with freegee try the .bin file of JB flash using LGPSTN software you will find the guid in tinybin threads after that flash the kitkat via kdz

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

In my experiance DIAG mode usually not work when phone is comnected in download mode.
DIAG -> Phone connected in normal mode
CS_Emergancy -> Phone connected is download mode

31st October 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag wah cantt

119 posts
More
Quote:

Use the CS_Emergancy mode if still not work try the new LG Flash Tool 2014 that is simple new one that not require the setting up the webserver etc. If still not work and you gave unlocked the bootloader with freegee try the .bin file of JB flash using LGPSTN software you will find the guid in tinybin threads after that flash the kitkat via kdz

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

In my experiance DIAG mode usually not work when phone is comnected in download mode.
DIAG -> Phone connected in normal mode
CS_Emergancy -> Phone connected is download mode

I already used CS_EMERGENCY bro. I flashed kdz earlier before. I guess I am using the latest flashtool. Tinnybins procedure is little confusing I couldnt get that.
In your opinion if we want to flash a kitkat kdz can we flash directly or we need to flash JB kdz before that.
BTW I have rooted my current rom and I guess I can use FreeGee to install custom recovery. Then I can flash zip like sling 2.2.2?
31st October 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #6  
Flag Lahore

94 posts
More
You can flash the kdz directly no problem in that have done with many kitkat roms my self. My handset is also F180L using the Vodafine Italy E975 roms atm.

However in my experiance when you unlock bootloader with FreeGee it give you Google's open bootloader that LG software unable to identify the phone, I might be wrong but I was never able to flash the KDZ directly after unlocking the bootloader.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

And yes you can unlock and use the sling rom from current rom ofc

Btw new flashtool is not using the UpTestX.exe it is name as LG Flash Tool 2014 search in forum.

Last edited by hackenggr; 31st October 2014 at 10:18 AM.
31st October 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag wah cantt

119 posts
More
Quote:

You can flash the kdz directly no problem in that have done with many kitkat roms my self. My handset is also F180L using the Vodafine Italy E975 roms atm.

However in my experiance when you unlock bootloader with FreeGee it give you Google's open bootloader that LG software unable to identify the phone, I might be wrong but I was never able to flash the KDZ directly after unlocking the bootloader.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Btw new flashtool is not using the UpTestX.exe it is name as LG Flash Tool 2014 search in forum.

Yeah its different just tried new flash tool. I also stops in the start saying the problem connection between cellphone and PC while I can see android LGE device in computer ports. Might be something wrong with the phone's current ROM that is not allowing flashing kdz.
31st October 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #8  
Flag Lahore

94 posts
More
If your rom is oprational boot up the phone and try flashing in DIAG mode it should recognise the phone model. Your KDZ flashing stuck only because flashtool is unable to determine your phone model just sofar

31st October 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag wah cantt

119 posts
More
Quote:

For flashing in DIAG mode phone should be connected in MTP mode?
31st October 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #10  
Flag Lahore

94 posts
More
Shiuld be working in both MTP and Charging mode.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread