Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem after unlocking bootloader with Freegee

Tip us?

ramicba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Problem after unlocking bootloader with Freegee

Hi Guys,

I recently unlocked the bootloader of my Optimus G (E987 flashed to E975) using Freegee (Downloaded from the market) and installed TWRP. I did a back up of the EFS partition before this.

Now, I'm having some weird issues when charging the phone while it's off. I noticed that I have a new charging animation and after a few seconds it disappears like the screen it's going to turn off but it never does!! It stays on a black/gray screen but is still on as you can see the brightness. It never turns off! Also, if I unplugged the phone and hit the power button the screen turns on and the charging animation appears, like the phone was still charging :/

I need some help! I downloaded an alternative bootloader. What should I do? Should I flash the alternative bootloader and will this solve the problem?

thanks!!

nch26
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramicba View Post
Hi Guys,

I recently unlocked the bootloader of my Optimus G (E987 flashed to E975) using Freegee (Downloaded from the market) and installed TWRP. I did a back up of the EFS partition before this.

Now, I'm having some weird issues when charging the phone while it's off. I noticed that I have a new charging animation and after a few seconds it disappears like the screen it's going to turn off but it never does!! It stays on a black/gray screen but is still on as you can see the brightness. It never turns off! Also, if I unplugged the phone and hit the power button the screen turns on and the charging animation appears, like the phone was still charging :/

I need some help! I downloaded an alternative bootloader. What should I do? Should I flash the alternative bootloader and will this solve the problem?

thanks!!
Do you selected MAKO bootloader, or STOCK bootloader?
I will explain quickly. STOCK bootloader had that problem, you cant charge your phone when its off. We have the MAKO alternative because it work fine, i mean you can charge it off.

PD: im from Argentina too
The Following User Says Thank You to nch26 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ramicba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nch26 View Post
Do you selected MAKO bootloader, or STOCK bootloader?
I will explain quickly. STOCK bootloader had that problem, you cant charge your phone when its off. We have the MAKO alternative because it work fine, i mean you can charge it off.

PD: im from Argentina too
Hi!! I installed the STOCK bootloader :/ So what's the solution? What can I do now to fix this? Should I "unblock" the bootloader again installing MAKO bootloader? I also downloaded, from the forum, an alternative bootloader (cwm-geeb-4-3-z20i-bootloader_only.zip).

By the way, I didn't see an option to send you a private message!

Muchas gracias!!!

GalaxySIIII
Old
Thanks Meter 59
it is better not to unlock bootloader .. it causing problems only... on LGs ..
Vivo X3S (mine)
LG F320S (SOLD!)
LG F180S (GF's)
SmartAss®

nch26
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Hi!! I installed the STOCK bootloader :/ So what's the solution? What can I do now to fix this? Should I "unblock" the bootloader again installing MAKO bootloader? I also downloaded, from the forum, an alternative bootloader (cwm-geeb-4-3-z20i-bootloader_only.zip).

By the way, I didn't see an option to send you a private message!

Muchas gracias!!!
You can flash the bootloader that you download, i did this one time. In my case when flash bootloader from recovery no problems. you should dont have problems.
Maybe i dont have the option active?

ramicba
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxySIIII View Post
it is better not to unlock bootloader .. it causing problems only... on LGs ..
I did it cause I needed to solve the baseband issue after flashing my E987 to E975...Freegee has an option to "re-lock" I think it's to install stock recovery and bootloader but I don't have any of those, do you know where I could get them?

Quote:
You can flash the bootloader that you download, i did this one time. In my case when flash bootloader from recovery no problems. you should dont have problems.
Maybe i dont have the option active?
I installed the bootloader that you told me (wm-geeb-4-3-z20i-bootloader_only.zip) but I'm still having the same problem, I don't know what else to do to solve this. I wouldn't want to go back to the stock ROM, I like this one =/

The only problem is that the screen doesn't completely turns off while charging the phone when it's off.

nch26
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
I did it cause I needed to solve the baseband issue after flashing my E987 to E975...Freegee has an option to "re-lock" I think it's to install stock recovery and bootloader but I don't have any of those, do you know where I could get them?

I installed the bootloader that you told me (wm-geeb-4-3-z20i-bootloader_only.zip) but I'm still having the same problem, I don't know what else to do to solve this. I wouldn't want to go back to the stock ROM, I like this one =/

The only problem is that the screen doesn't completely turns off while charging the phone when it's off.
Is not a ROM problem, is a bootloader problem. With mako i dont have this issue. But i hear that some people have issues charging with phone off.
with any bootloader. simple charge it with phone on, or restore bootloader backup and go to stock rom...

igli83
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Is not a ROM problem, is a bootloader problem. With mako i dont have this issue. But i hear that some people have issues charging with phone off.
with any bootloader. simple charge it with phone on, or restore bootloader backup and go to stock rom...
hmmm... i install mahdi rom ... and i don't notice this issue. than it's not just a bootloader prob i think.anyway!