[Q] Unable to Root

OP sarovarc@gmail.com

11th July 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Hey guys,

I have just come back to stock firmware after some problems with CM11M7 ... I am looking to get back to CM11M8 with a fresh wipe of the system and modem/baseband etc.

Anywhoo all that went well and my phone is working perfectly - but I am unable to root it. I tried Framaroot (Gandalf exploit) and it tells me that my phone is rooted (Yay) and asks me to reboot (Cool).

However on reboot I don't see SU installed - and when I try to run Root Checker it tells me that I am not rooted (Boo)...

I tried another exploit from the FAQ thread (Fiddy) and that too returned a success value but still no root...

I am guessing that the exploits have been closed in my current firmware version ... Which is as follows:

Android Version 4.1.2
Baseband APQ8064/MDM9x15M
Kernel Version 3.4.0
Build No JZO54K
Software Version E97510f-IND-XX

Any leads/help will be appreciated. Thanks!

SC
11th July 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
I'm retarded!
Alright ...

I am really really retarded. I've been used to CM for so long that LG has separated the App Drawer into Apps (installed by LG) and Downloads (installed by User) thats where SU was... It needed to update before it could allow rooting previliges... I updated it, ran root checker and it worked like a charm.

Moral of the story: look before your post a question...

Mods - you can close this thread ... or delete it to save me some embarassment. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread