Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unrooting issue

Tip us?

Phillyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unrooting issue

I rooted my Optimus G E-975 with framaroot 1.9.3, it worked like it should. But now when I received OS update from LG i obviously cant update cause im rooted. I unrooted with framaroot, but theres still system/xbin/su file and superuser.apk in system/app. I tried to install superuser from framaroot again and it says binaries installed etc. But after I reboot there is no superuser. When im trying to install it from play market, it says that my su binaries are old. I want to unroot my phone but I cant since im not allowed to delete anything from /system or system/xbin and I cant root my phone with framaroot
So if someone can help me somehow, id be very grateful! Thx

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Free mobile app

arpit85
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyz View Post
I rooted my Optimus G E-975 with framaroot 1.9.3, it worked like it should. But now when I received OS update from LG i obviously cant update cause im rooted. I unrooted with framaroot, but theres still system/xbin/su file and superuser.apk in system/app. I tried to install superuser from framaroot again and it says binaries installed etc. But after I reboot there is no superuser. When im trying to install it from play market, it says that my su binaries are old. I want to unroot my phone but I cant since im not allowed to delete anything from /system or system/xbin and I cant root my phone with framaroot
So if someone can help me somehow, id be very grateful! Thx

Only kdz flashing would work.

Phillyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can I do it with mac?

Phillyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is there anything I can do to fix my rooting issue? I cant flash kdz apparently on mac

Lhammer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My phone was also rooted using framaroot. Using LGs pc tools (for Windows), I was able to update to kitkat without any problems. I lost a few apps, but I could restore them with titanium backup. I rooted kitkat with towelroot.

Phillyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhammer View Post
My phone was also rooted using framaroot. Using LGs pc tools (for Windows), I was able to update to kitkat without any problems. I lost a few apps, but I could restore them with titanium backup. I rooted kitkat with towelroot.

My problem is that I only have mac atm. I tried to search if i could flash kdz`s with it but i didnt find anything I will send my phone to service center since they are able to flash it.