Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

Unrooting issue

OP Phillyz

20th August 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I rooted my Optimus G E-975 with framaroot 1.9.3, it worked like it should. But now when I received OS update from LG i obviously cant update cause im rooted. I unrooted with framaroot, but theres still system/xbin/su file and superuser.apk in system/app. I tried to install superuser from framaroot again and it says binaries installed etc. But after I reboot there is no superuser. When im trying to install it from play market, it says that my su binaries are old. I want to unroot my phone but I cant since im not allowed to delete anything from /system or system/xbin and I cant root my phone with framaroot
So if someone can help me somehow, id be very grateful! Thx

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 113

467 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyz

I rooted my Optimus G E-975 with framaroot 1.9.3, it worked like it should. But now when I received OS update from LG i obviously cant update cause im rooted. I unrooted with framaroot, but theres still system/xbin/su file and superuser.apk in system/app. I tried to install superuser from framaroot again and it says binaries installed etc. But after I reboot there is no superuser. When im trying to install it from play market, it says that my su binaries are old. I want to unroot my phone but I cant since im not allowed to delete anything from /system or system/xbin and I cant root my phone with framaroot
So if someone can help me somehow, id be very grateful! Thx

Only kdz flashing would work.
20th August 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Can I do it with mac?

22nd August 2014, 12:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Is there anything I can do to fix my rooting issue? I cant flash kdz apparently on mac

23rd August 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #5  

2 posts
My phone was also rooted using framaroot. Using LGs pc tools (for Windows), I was able to update to kitkat without any problems. I lost a few apps, but I could restore them with titanium backup. I rooted kitkat with towelroot.

23rd August 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhammer

My phone was also rooted using framaroot. Using LGs pc tools (for Windows), I was able to update to kitkat without any problems. I lost a few apps, but I could restore them with titanium backup. I rooted kitkat with towelroot.

My problem is that I only have mac atm. I tried to search if i could flash kdz`s with it but i didnt find anything I will send my phone to service center since they are able to flash it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread