TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Easy-to-flash backup of VUPMP.GPRO.sG3.Stable

OP Jose-MXL

21st October 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

36 posts
UPDATE:
Flash using **CWM from Freegee**( I previously recommended Philz for the updated look and features but it is SUPER inconsistent and unfortunately unreliable, I do not mean any offense to its creator/developer, it is just too much hassle and this thread is meant for easy flashing and I was already posting the work around for the Philz bootloop issue which killed the purpose of easy flashing...)
Remember to make a nandroid/backup using CWM, if you forgot to make one, PM me to help you sideload a Rom using ADB. (will save you the hassle of going through stock and go directly to any custom rom of your preference)

Hello dear people with an E980:
I'm here to share a backup I made for my personal use to avoid the hassle of having to return to stock to flash the VUPMP stable rom and deleting the recovery folder inside the Rom, pretty much in other words it's just an "easy-to-flash" backup.

Rom comes from:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...le-lg-t2902595

Here is the backup!, it is flashable so don't extract it, it includes a boot.img (kernel) so you can restore from any rom, no need to come from stock:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655048316
MD5: f50a74eb5ceb7600d0ea609192d5c258

On this particular backup, I applied the following fixes for E980:
-Volume restore fix
-Video recording fix
-Removed a system apk which seemed to be a calendar in viet (for the sake of clean and stock look).

It is highly recommended to wipe before flashing:
-Data (without wiping data/media, if you don’t know how to do this just ask in the Q&A section or PM me!!)

-Cache & Dalvik cache
-System
-Please, don't report bugs if doing a "dirty" flash.

Special thanks to:
@datphu2811 for developing such a cool ROM
@Chairizkuro for the video recording fix
anyone who contributed with this files linked above!

Remember:
Flash at your own risk!
Last edited by Jose-MXL; 24th October 2014 at 01:08 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jose-MXL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 21

76 posts
More
Anyone try yet?
Anybody try this yet? Looks cool! Sounds easy.
23rd October 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 69

311 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarStrawz

Anybody try this yet? Looks cool! Sounds easy.

I did, I followed the instructions but got stuck in a boot loop and it didn't fix when I applied the aforementioned zip. I just went back to stock the normal way and everything worked out. That's just my experience though, you could have completely different results.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatCaesar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Boise

76 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCaesar

I did, I followed the instructions but got stuck in a boot loop and it didn't fix when I applied the aforementioned zip. I just went back to stock the normal way and everything worked out. That's just my experience though, you could have completely different results.

Man thanks!! I was just about to do it.
23rd October 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCaesar

Can you describe your problem? What kind of bootloop did you get?
A) it kept booting to recovery (that's what the zero zip is for)
B) it kept stuck in the lg logo

If B)
Did you performed a full wipe of data (without data media), system and cache? Did the flash took an unexpected amount of time (2 seconds instead of 2 minutes)?

Additionally, why did you totted back? Didn't you made a backup first?, in case you made a backup, did the recovery rendered useless after flashing my backup?
Did you get any lokifying errors?

Quote:

Man thanks!! I was just about to do it.

Please let the person answer those questions before walking away scares, I've tried my own backup several times and I assure you it works properly if following the instructions. Even further, it's common sense to do a backup even without being warned about it.
Last edited by Jose-MXL; 23rd October 2014 at 06:28 PM.
23rd October 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag Boise

76 posts
More
OK yeah thanks I will still try it. Thanks for making this. It looks super cool and easy.
23rd October 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

36 posts
Quote:

OK yeah thanks I will still try it. Thanks for making this. It looks super cool and easy.

Please use CWM from Freegee, I have been getting reports from a few friends testing on how Philz touch is being inconsistent, I'm about to update main post.
23rd October 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag Boise

76 posts
More
Md5 Mismatch
I followed ever4ything I think. I extracted it on my desktop then copied that folder over to Clockworkmod/backup folder. After wipingt everything I went to restore and got Md5 Mismatch. What did I do wrong?
23rd October 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

36 posts
Quote:

I followed ever4ything I think. I extracted it on my desktop then copied that folder over to Clockworkmod/backup folder. After wipingt everything I went to restore and got Md5 Mismatch. What did I do wrong?

Can you please manually check the MD5 sum of your downloaded file? Let me know if you don't know how to do it I can show an easy method.
24th October 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #10  
Flag Boise

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose-MXL

Can you please manually check the MD5 sum of your downloaded file? Let me know if you don't know how to do it I can show an easy method.

I checked the re-downloaded one and they match. I used an Md5 checker?? So am I on the right track by extracting and copying that folder to clockwork backup? Then in CWM go to Mounts and Storage and format /data, format /system, format /cache and wipe dalvik. THEN restore the folder copied earlier. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread