[AUG 14][ROM][4.4.2]LG G3 Optimus G.PRO vXII

Search This thread

alvin_nivla

Dec 18, 2015
new user here.. i just installed this custom rom a few days ago and have been experiencing alot of lags and my phone keeps on freezin.. what do i do? when i type in the speed tweak it just says null..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download:>>>Top Of Page In Black Bar Section & Second Post<<<<<
    Tips to Squeeze up to 200+ hours of Battery and 65% free RAM on Stock!
    I made a lot of experiments trying to squeeze most of my LG G2 battery & RAM, and finally I reached those results by the below strategy (please note that this will be just strategy/tips, not detailed steps), and on ROOTED STOCK ROM It currently gives me:
    1. Average Screen Off Discharging Speed 0.3-0.5%hour (so battery needs 200 hours to discharge, or more than a week!)
    2. Average Screen On Discharging Speed Between 10%-20%hour (no Gaming) (so working hours about 8-7 hours)
    3. Free RAM after full startup 65%.
    (I gathered those statistics by setting Tasker to calculate them for me).

Battery Tips:
    So to see almost a perfectly horizontal line of your battery discharge during your sleeping, you will need:
    1. Rooted Stock ROM (I tried this on KitKat latest version).
    2. Greenify.
    3. Tasker
    4. Your brain)) and some work.

OK to get most of the battery, do the following:
    1. Remove all LG & Google Bloat ware; search XDA how to do that.
    2. Disable all animations in you Settings-> Accessibility, this will save our battery and make apps faster.
    3. Now all of the work should be done in Tasker, I assume that you already know how to work in this thing, if not search XDA there is a lot of tutorials...
      1. Once your screen is off, do the following in Tasker:
        1. Turn off the following : WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS, Auto Sync.
        2. Greenify all bad behaving apps, after that use tasker to force close many of the bad behaved one (you should experiment with this).
        3. Down Clock your CPU, for some reason my device reboots unless I set Governor to conservative or onDeman, so here we put it on conservative, with CPU clock between 300 and 652 MHz, there is no need to make it lower, because it gives no better battery life, and it makes wake up time longer.
        Those steps are enough to make sure that you will lose about 0.5% per hour only! (my CPU needs about 5-10 minutes to enter deepsleep, this means that your battery drain during this time will more than 0.5%)
      2. On screen ON, you need to immediately set back your CPU to onDemand mode, otherwise it will lag, actually I made 3 profiles for CPU, low (during screen of), medium (when screen on), and high (during gaming), so here I set the OnDemand with frequency 300-1190 MHz, and you will not notice any lag with those settings, also you need to set the maximum priority for the Tasker profile that will do this, well actually I made my own Lock Screen by Tasker screen so that tasker will stay foreground app and has best CPU priority, so swapping CPU profiles will be quite fast and you will see no Lag.
      3. Also I set a periodic sync, when screen off each hour my phone wake ups and turning on wifi (or 3G if I’m out) and turning on AutoSync for couple minutes, and then turn all those things again to enter DeepSleep (step 1).
      4. you need to make a good Screen brightness management in Tasker, there is tutorials on line for that.
      5. Finally, during working, I set many specialized profiles for different apps I use a lot, for example, you don't need AutoSync when you are talking by phone, or reading a book, also when reading books, you don't need high CPU frequency, so I lowering it down, all this tweaks needs some work, but anyway you it will give you considerable battery gain, and you will see that the application that you really using a lot are not more than 10 apps.

I would like to note that I tried many ways to optimize this (except trying different ROMs) like playing with application's wake locks, but nothing worked as good as this strategy for me, if you have some more suggestions it will be great.

RAM Tips:
    1. Many of us trying to make our phones customized and more beautiful, but after a lot of tries I found that all those things only making things worse, even for a monster like LG G2: I tried almost 99% of Launchers available on store, and all of them are very bad in scene of resource usage, for example the most beloved Go Launcher, having 200+ apps, and 3 pages of widgets, uses about 150 Mb. of RAM, this is too much, considering that android itself using about 200Mb. in worst scenarios, even the launchers that claims to be very efficient like Lightning & ssLauncher, that is not true, because once you install them, they indeed use too little at the beginning, but once you customize them and will add widgets, objects to them, they will jump up to 100Mb., well this still is better anyway than Go Launcher.
    2. So to be short, the best one in terms of memory usage, is definitely, and without any competition, is Smart Launcher, it seems that it has a unique possibility to draw/load the widgets on demand (you can add them on special pages) and once you go back to main screen, it will free up used memory in minutes, that's really great, because this launcher on average uses only 50Mb. whatever the widgets you use!!
    3. Also I would like to note that most Lock screens are very memory hungry, I tried lot of them, and none of them used less than 40Mb.!! so it almost like a second launcher! even the best of them like widget Locker or C-Locker! that why I made my own by Tasker itself, but note that after designing a scene in Tasker, it will use a lot of memory (70-80Mb.), and for some reason doesn’t free it unless you restart Tasker, and fortunately after that it will use not more than 20-30Mb. even when the scene is visible! so considering other things Tasker is doing, it's pretty low! so I highly recommend this.
    4. Also any programs like recent app's viewers, side bars, screen buttons etc.. are also very memory hungry, I tried a lot and none of them really efficient, don't dream to get one with less of 50Mb. usage! so it's better, in my tests, "on screen buttons" are the best one with about 10-15 Mb. usage in case you don't like the navigation bar as me))

Well those tips allowed me to have very long battery usage, and about 50-60% free RAM, and without animations, makes my phone LG G2 fast like a Hell even with lots of apps installed, hope this was helpful.

Cheers!:cool:
    p5MOjwhl.png
    q50jcRbl.png
    lWGU4HTl.png
    yzndeehl.png
    8qKvesOl.png
    l4gwuOGl.png

77ChMCgl.png
    jUDdAzWl.png

Bravia Engine v4 - X-Reality Engine v4​
    [/COLOR]

BRAVIA_LOGO.jpg

EPd22wi.jpg

uiVpuAc.jpg

HJGoMpb.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    [AUG 14][ROM][4.4.2]LG G3 Optimus G.PRO vXII, ROM for the LG Optimus G Pro

Contributors
    bountyman334
    Source Code: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17572

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: XII
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-13

Created 2014-07-25
    Last Updated 2015-08-17
    Info & Flashing

DOWNLOAD & INFO

HAVING BAD BATTERY LIFE??

These could be the reason for some people to have bad battery life....
    [It Usually takes 3-4 DAYS or a WEEK to get a GOOD battery reading ..]
    1.How Long have you been on the ROM?
    2.How Long have you been on KitKat[STOCK]?
    3.Did u do a full discharge and full charge?
    4.DId you Just come from another Lollipop ROM?
    5.Do You Leave Sync,Wifi,Data,GPS,NFC,Screen Brightness,Screen Timeout , On For long periods of times could or will damage your battery life in the long run.

THIS WILL HELP ALOT OF PPL IN THE LONG RUN , EVEN ON THEIR NEXT PHONE....

---------------------------------------DOWNLOAD------------------------------------------
    LG G3 Optimus G.PRO vXII-AFH
    LG G3 Optimus G.PRO vXII-XDA
    LG G3 Optimus G.PRO vXII-MEGA

KNOWN BUG
    -Call Recording not working
    -WIFI HOTSPOT... JUST DONT TURN BACK ON ??

How to Flash LG G3 OPTIMUS G.PRO vXII

1.Download LG G3 Optimus G.PRO vXII
    + MANDATORY using Philz Touch 6.48.4-e980
    + Do a FULL Backup OF CURRENT ROM!!!! (just in case)
    + Do A full wipe : Cache, Data, System, Dalvik[Don't Wipe Internal Storage]
    + Flash Rom
    + Reboot System
    + If Reboot back into recovery flash this Zero Misc Fix
    + RESTORE USING TITANIUM BACKUP OR YOUR CHOICE FROM PREVIOUS BACKUP

MADMACK KERNEL
    MODEM-APQ8064T-MDM9X15M
    E980-20G MODEM..
    Sound Fix Patch F240
    Sound Fix Patch E988
    F240x Modem Patch

HOW TO PULL UR MODEL NUMBER MODEM IF U HAVE NO SIGNAL..THANK @spirallingspiral

How To Get Network/Signals
    Goto dialer and dial 5457#*980# and on bottom of List,
    1. Open "Network Mode" and Select "Global+LTE"
    2. Open "Subscription" and make it USIM (Phone will reboot automatically.
    After reboot you should get network working.

************************MORE SPEED TWEAK*******************
    IN HIDDEN MENU[3845#*980#]
    2. Scroll down to High Temperature Property OFF,and select
    3. Turn it ON...
    4. Turn G3 fully off...
    5. Wait at least 10sec...
    6. Turn it back on and wait about 30sec. when Screen Lock shows...

*******MORE THEMES FOR STOCK THUR HKTHEME MANAGER**********

X-THEMES SET 1

X-THEMES SET 2

X-THEMES SET 3
    Reserved

Code:
    Changelog/Features
    -----------VXII[12]-------------
    -FIXED 1080P RECORDING
    -UPDATED MEDIA CODECS
    -MEDIA STAGEFRIGHT  FIX
    -ADDED SOME LG STOCK G3 APPS
    UPDATED INIT.D FROM LOLLIPOP/KITKAT
    -UPDATED QREMOTE-[STILL TESTING]
    -UPDATED GOOGLE APPS
    -UPDATED LG APPS FROM CLOUDY G2
    -UPDATED CPU SPEEDS AND THERMAL CONTROL ENGINE
    ----------VXI------------
    FIXED BUILD.PROP
    -FIXED PARAMOA
    -INCREASE VIDEO/PIC QUALITY
    -UPDATED DAILER
    -FIXED RAM
    -REMOVED IWAN[NO NEED]
    +
    ----------VX------------
    -REMOVED SOUND MODS
    -USED LOLLIPOP BUILD.PROP
    -MADE SOME SMALL CHANGES
    -REMOVED SOME APPS
    -UPDATED SUPERUSER
    -
    ----------V9------------
    -MORE..FORGOT
    -CLEANED BUILD.PROP
    -FIXED E980 KERNEL(20G)
    -UPDATED BUILD.PROP
    -FIXED BLUETOOTH
    -FIXED WIFI REBOOTS
    -FIXED DOLBY MOBILE
    =ADDED BACK G3 SURROUND SOUND [URL="http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/themes-apps/g3-t2936465"]INFO[/URL]
    -BUILD.PROP EDITS
    -HOPEFULLY FIX WIFI HOTSPOT
    =ADDED BACK NEXUS 5 GPU DRIVERS [URL="http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/gpu-drivers-nexus-5-compatible-android-t2629123"]INFO[/URL]
    =ADDED BACK NEXUS 5  LG G3 BIONIC {HELPS ART RUNTIME AND DALVIK} 
    =ADDED BACK Hybrid_1+_Z3_M8-Dalvik [URL="http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/mod-dalvik-bionic-library-optimization-t2537299"]INFO[/URL]
    =ADDED VOICE CLARITY TO PHONE
    =FIXED ROOT AT BOOT!!!!
    =FIXED GOOGLE SIGN-IN
    =ADDED OLD G3 CAMERA...IF IT ANYBODY CARES
    =ADDED GLOBAL FEATURES!
    =REVERTED BACK TO V20G KERNEL
    =OK!! RETURNING TO WORK ON ANDROID L STOCK FOR G PRO!!!!!
    =FIXED MTP
    =
    Sorry guys v5.6 will be my last update.....my g pro and finally given me its last breathe...my front key lights stop working and that was a feal breaker...i almost thru the phone to tha wall...so ill put v5.6 out and i have 2 say so long to the Optimus G Pro...thanks u guys...@
    Yeah that's what I figured- my question was, does it matter which TOT I use (4.2.x vs 4.4.x) to be compatible with this ROM?? I want to use what works best.

I'll have to wait until I can grab my wife's Win7 laptop to do the unbrick; flashing NEVER works on my Windows 8.1 machines.

Flash this fix which was posted by hoangnova somewhere. I have attached it. It has saved me a million times from that boot to recovery bug. Flash it, reboot system, it should reboot normally if the rom you have flashed is working properly.