Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Miracast with CM11?

OP chaosdemon06

15th July 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

50 posts
Went ahead and bought the one listed in the original post. I won it for 18 bucks. Pick had to use 16 in ebay bucks in 3 days or lose them so only really had to pay like 2 bucks for it. Hopefully I"ll be able to mirror with this. I'm really surprised no one with CM 11 as bought a miracast doggle before.
18th July 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #12  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdemon06

Went ahead and bought the one listed in the original post. I won it for 18 bucks. Pick had to use 16 in ebay bucks in 3 days or lose them so only really had to pay like 2 bucks for it. Hopefully I"ll be able to mirror with this. I'm really surprised no one with CM 11 as bought a miracast doggle before.

Happy to report it does work! There's a little lag though sometimes. Wonder if the doggle needs a update.
14th August 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 188

1,117 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdemon06

Happy to report it does work! There's a little lag though sometimes. Wonder if the doggle needs a update.

Can you provide additional info on how this particular dongle worked for you? I have just gotten into Miracast, and am looking at dongles etc. I have looked at Netgear's Push2TV and Actiontec Screenbeam Pro. I was very skeptical about these smaller manufacturer dongle...so I would appreciate your input on this dongle you bought.

BTW, just remember that as far as Laptops/Computers go the computer HARDWARE must be Intel certified for Widi to work, even though Windows 8.1 has Miracast SOFTWARE. So for now I am stuck using only my phone/tablet natively.

Thanks for any feedback!
17th August 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #14  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappatti

Can you provide additional info on how this particular dongle worked for you? I have just gotten into Miracast, and am looking at dongles etc. I have looked at Netgear's Push2TV and Actiontec Screenbeam Pro. I was very skeptical about these smaller manufacturer dongle...so I would appreciate your input on this dongle you bought.

BTW, just remember that as far as Laptops/Computers go the computer HARDWARE must be Intel certified for Widi to work, even though Windows 8.1 has Miracast SOFTWARE. So for now I am stuck using only my phone/tablet natively.

Thanks for any feedback!

Well it worked if I was on the same wifi even though it didn't need the net to be on in order to work. Since the chrome cast option came out I didn't really worry about using the miraicast anymore but wanted to try it out. I'm sure it will work even better with a higher priced miricast doggle but ya again it works but for hotel wise I just went with my android doggle it always plays anything perfectly fine and it entertained all of my gf and Is roommates a ton.
The Following User Says Thank You to chaosdemon06 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread