Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Miracast with CM11?

Tip us?

chaosdemon06
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Went ahead and bought the one listed in the original post. I won it for 18 bucks. Pick had to use 16 in ebay bucks in 3 days or lose them so only really had to pay like 2 bucks for it. Hopefully I"ll be able to mirror with this. I'm really surprised no one with CM 11 as bought a miracast doggle before.

chaosdemon06
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdemon06 View Post
Went ahead and bought the one listed in the original post. I won it for 18 bucks. Pick had to use 16 in ebay bucks in 3 days or lose them so only really had to pay like 2 bucks for it. Hopefully I"ll be able to mirror with this. I'm really surprised no one with CM 11 as bought a miracast doggle before.
Happy to report it does work! There's a little lag though sometimes. Wonder if the doggle needs a update.

chappatti
Old
Thanks Meter 172

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdemon06 View Post
Happy to report it does work! There's a little lag though sometimes. Wonder if the doggle needs a update.
Can you provide additional info on how this particular dongle worked for you? I have just gotten into Miracast, and am looking at dongles etc. I have looked at Netgear's Push2TV and Actiontec Screenbeam Pro. I was very skeptical about these smaller manufacturer dongle...so I would appreciate your input on this dongle you bought.

BTW, just remember that as far as Laptops/Computers go the computer HARDWARE must be Intel certified for Widi to work, even though Windows 8.1 has Miracast SOFTWARE. So for now I am stuck using only my phone/tablet natively.

Thanks for any feedback!

chaosdemon06
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappatti View Post
Can you provide additional info on how this particular dongle worked for you? I have just gotten into Miracast, and am looking at dongles etc. I have looked at Netgear's Push2TV and Actiontec Screenbeam Pro. I was very skeptical about these smaller manufacturer dongle...so I would appreciate your input on this dongle you bought.

BTW, just remember that as far as Laptops/Computers go the computer HARDWARE must be Intel certified for Widi to work, even though Windows 8.1 has Miracast SOFTWARE. So for now I am stuck using only my phone/tablet natively.

Thanks for any feedback!
Well it worked if I was on the same wifi even though it didn't need the net to be on in order to work. Since the chrome cast option came out I didn't really worry about using the miraicast anymore but wanted to try it out. I'm sure it will work even better with a higher priced miricast doggle but ya again it works but for hotel wise I just went with my android doggle it always plays anything perfectly fine and it entertained all of my gf and Is roommates a ton.
The Following User Says Thank You to chaosdemon06 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]