FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][11/23] MIUI V5 Port for G Pro [WEEKLY] (F240 L/S/K, E98x.)

30th October 2014, 10:00 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71

More

The latest MIUI is 4.11.17
This one is on: 4.11.17. This thread will always be one update behind so always remember to use the OTA updates!

How to Install: (Updated 10/31)
  • Flash back to the original stock ROM.
  • Root and install FreeGee for Recovery.
  • Install CWM recovery from FreeGee.
  • Download Philz Advanced Recovery
  • Download MIUI rom.
  • Download Modem.
  • Flash Philz Touch Recovery (PTR) and reboot back to Recovery.
  • Do full ROM wipe in PTR.
  • Flash MIUI ROM then Modem
  • Reboot.
  • Set up phone and update using OTA.
  • Enjoy.

Latest 4.10.31 Features since the last MIUI update in General thread.
  • Added NFC support.
  • Added LG display settings.
  • Added LG USB settings.
  • Added quick link to Service Menu.
  • Added casting support.
  • Added LG charging LED
  • General bug fixes.
  • GPS location fix in US. (Instant)

[Q] Are you a developer? Will you be able to provide support?
No I'm not, and I'll try my best!
Mainly, you'll have to depend on the support from our community much like I will be! And you have to understand that it will be a learning process for both us and we can only depend on one another for any support! So if you run into any problems, feel free to post! And if you have a solution, make sure to try and help another user out!

LTE is working
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous007

As of the 4.10.31 and up you can now easily enable LTE and make it stick by going to General Settings > Mobile Networks > Preferred Network > FDD-LTE

Download Links:

Weekly MIUI Download 10/31:
https://yadi.sk/d/ywRXsX_CcUQoe
(The reason I am not using the official link is because of the download speeds. It took over night to download it once. And that's not including the ~30 failed downloads. I will still leave a link to the original at the very bottom.) If you would like to add a mirror as well just let me know and I'll add it here!

Philz Touch Recovery:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2552611

Madmack's Modem E980
http://downloads.codefi.re/madmack/G...M9615A-CWM.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official MIUI page:
http://en.miui.com/download-122.html

Special thanks to:
Literally everyone at this point. So if you exist, thank yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-30-04-42-50-78.png
Views:	4277
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	2992045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-30-13-52-54.jpg
Views:	4359
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	2992046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-30-13-53-13.jpg
Views:	4551
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	2992047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-30-13-53-42.png
Views:	4148
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	2992048  
Last edited by GreatCaesar; 23rd November 2014 at 10:53 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GreatCaesar For This Useful Post: [ View ]

30th October 2014, 10:58 PM |#2  
Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 20

More
just a question, supports Spanish language? and thanks
30th October 2014, 11:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javi1609

just a question, supports Spanish language? and thanks

It does not currently support Spanish. It only supports Chinese and English at this time. Sorry!
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatCaesar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2014, 12:50 AM |#4  
Flag Loathing In Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 372

Donate to Me
More
Nice, someone finally mirrored as the Chinese servers are to slow lol, but some corrections though the ROM does has LTE
Go to general settings > additional > service menu > switch the CDMA to USIM phone should force reboot > following this go back to the service menu and change the Network Mode to Global + LTE That's it.

Also there is another version that puts out updates every Friday here Download Link: http://www.miui.com/download-262.html
Original Source: http://bbs.sonyue.com/thread-96332-1-1.html if anyone can also mirror that one I'd appreciate it as I've had no luck getting it to download lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymous007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2014, 01:05 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous007

Nice, someone finally mirrored as the Chinese servers are to slow lol, but some corrections though the ROM does has LTE
Go to general settings > additional > service menu > switch the CDMA to USIM phone should force reboot > following this go back to the service menu and change the Network Mode to Global + LTE That's it.

Also there is another version that puts out updates every Friday here Download Link: http://www.miui.com/download-262.html
Original Source: http://bbs.sonyue.com/thread-96332-1-1.html if anyone can also mirror that one I'd appreciate it as I've had no luck getting it to download lol.

I believe in order to change it to LTE, we would need the Modem to be working. Because the current one tends to freeze MIUI when changing to LTE.
But after some research it looks like you have to flash both the modem and madmacks kernel for it to work. I haven't tested it myself though but I've seen some reports of people doing that back in the General thread. And I'll try and mirror that weekly one and just label this one 'stable' for more options.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreatCaesar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2014, 03:25 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Weekly is now up. I've tested it and there should be an update this friday as well via OTA. I'll keep the OP updated a week behind so users can just use the OTA to get to the latest.

This MIUI is pure Daily Driver material. Battery life is great, good performance/features, and GPS location lock is practically stock speed (like ~5 seconds on 3G). They really worked hard on this one

Going to test the deep sleep tonight and report back tomorrow.

Update: After flashing the modem, I got a 5% battery drain after 9 hours with Wi-Fi on. So no different from any CM ROM you'll see around here.
Last edited by GreatCaesar; 31st October 2014 at 06:37 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreatCaesar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2014, 11:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Wow, this is one slick getup. The way they've seperated and designed the notication area really pleases me. I'm surprised that design hasn't been ganked by other roms. Mating this with a Cyanogenmod would result in some wicked magic, for sure. CM's awful notication area always maddens me.
1st November 2014, 08:36 PM |#8  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 14

More
This makes me so hype! I'm one of those (seemingly) rare people that really likes miui and have been hoping something with any kind of support would come to the G Pro. Can't wait to flash this tomorrow. Thanks for bringing us this rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to thenellt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2014, 08:45 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Question: Do I have to use PTR, or would TWRP work?
2nd November 2014, 09:12 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDuck

Question: Do I have to use PTR, or would TWRP work?

I just checked the official form post and it looks like it's PTR or TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatCaesar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
miui, port
Previous Thread Next Thread