No registration required

[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][e980] PAC-ROM KK RC-3 [WEEKLIES]

OP machinistsWIP

20th November 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #441  
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepsts

Try getting a logcat. Also, did you clean flash? If not then that could be your error right there. Trying using E980Kernel+ and experimenting with different TCP Congestion Control for the download speeds. Also, you could try a cache wipe of Google Services and Google Playstore, recovery wipe dalvik/cache.
Hope that helps.

i did a dirty flash, so that may be the issue. i went ahead and cleared all google service apps cache, then recovery to wipe dalvik/cache and speedtest is working now. still get the graphical errors with the latest version of watchespn, but the older version works for now. If it becomes a pain i will do a clean install. appreciate your help!
20th November 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #442  
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 322

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jballard81

i did a dirty flash, so that may be the issue. i went ahead and cleared all google service apps cache, then recovery to wipe dalvik/cache and speedtest is working now. still get the graphical errors with the latest version of watchespn, but the older version works for now. If it becomes a pain i will do a clean install. appreciate your help!

Good to hear! Glad to help
21st November 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #443  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 358

515 posts
Quote:

Good to hear! Glad to help

Thanks for helping lend a hand homie [emoji106]
21st November 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #444  
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 322

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinistsWIP

Thanks for helping lend a hand homie [emoji106]

Not a problem.
In the meantime, I seem to have already lost deep sleep on this ROM, really frustrating since I literally JUST settled in. Man I love AOSP but I've had 2 total really good days with it since I got my phone back from the magical JTAG man... lol. I need a ROM to, well, not drain like crazy. And now the camera and Torch are fudging up too. Might have to ROM jump again, sucks cause this one is fun too. I'll be back soon though. Keep up the work Machinist. This is a good one, I forgot how much I liked PAC from before we lost our unofficial maintainer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snepsts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #445  
OP Senior Member

515 posts
Quote:

Not a problem.
In the meantime, I seem to have already lost deep sleep on this ROM, really frustrating since I literally JUST settled in. Man I love AOSP but I've had 2 total really good days with it since I got my phone back from the magical JTAG man... lol. I need a ROM to, well, not drain like crazy. And now the camera and Torch are fudging up too. Might have to ROM jump again, sucks cause this one is fun too. I'll be back soon though. Keep up the work Machinist. This is a good one, I forgot how much I liked PAC from before we lost our unofficial maintainer.

Things are on track for an update this weekend. Likely Sunday.
The Following User Says Thank You to machinistsWIP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #446  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
is possible install hidden menu on this rom ?
Is there another way ?
23rd November 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #447  
OP Senior Member

515 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyloKamikaze

is possible install hidden menu on this rom ?
Is there another way ?

Not sure what you are referring to...please elaborate.
24th November 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #448  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinistsWIP

Not sure what you are referring to...please elaborate.

I'm talking about if it is possible to install that menu that you set up the modem, exchange band WCDMA 850 to 2100 and etc ... Global LTE these things .... 5457*#980#

It is possible to install it?

I love pac man rom ... but I need to be always changing the band to have a good internet understand? I think other users also have that need.
25th November 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #449  
OP Senior Member

515 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyloKamikaze

I'm talking about if it is possible to install that menu that you set up the modem, exchange band WCDMA 850 to 2100 and etc ... Global LTE these things .... 5457*#980#

It is possible to install it?

I love pac man rom ... but I need to be always changing the band to have a good internet understand? I think other users also have that need.

I don't think that's going to be added. there are apps that do that I believe.

okay, new build is up (11-22).

known bugs:

gesture typing on AOSP keyboard doesn't work. it does work on Google keyboard however.

torch app is not working. it will turn on, and turn off. however, it appears that the phone doesn't know its off, hence leaving the phone awake. a reboot is needed. I am currently using this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ashlight&hl=en because it doesn't appear to have any spyware ( check out the permissions versus other apps and it's working flawlessly.

the camera crashes when you open it. it says "can't connect to camera". reboot and open the camera app again. choose whether or not to record location, and it will crash again. reboot, and the camera works fine after that.

I tested these issues on CM and they are there. so once they fix them, well be good.

side note if you're clean flashing: I recently came back from stock and tried using the PA pico modular GAPPS and it wouldn't flash in CWM or TWRP. I am currently using the AOKP mini GAPPS.

ALSO: I am going to be cleaning out the nightly folder in the next day or two... so if you have a favorite build you can't live without, better get it while it's there
Last edited by machinistsWIP; 25th November 2014 at 01:54 AM.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to machinistsWIP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
e980, optimus g pro, pac, pac man, roms
Previous Thread Next Thread