[ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.0.2][e980] PAC-ROM LP Beta-1

Search This thread

jballard81

Feb 19, 2013
Looking at basketbuild, i see build pac_e980_KK.RC-3_20141220.zip as the latest build under nightlies.

is this the final kit kat build for PAC Rom? would it be considered stable (ie camera issues fixed, etc)?

thanks!

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
Looking at basketbuild, i see build pac_e980_KK.RC-3_20141220.zip as the latest build under nightlies.

is this the final kit kat build for PAC Rom? would it be considered stable (ie camera issues fixed, etc)?

thanks!

I think there is a build from 23. january, which was pretty stable for me. Didin't have any issues, as I remember.

I think thats it, for most of devices latest nightlies were around then.

Sent from my Optimus G Pro.

Reactions: jballard81

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
Quick update: As you may noticed, nightly builds of PAC 5 Beta have started. Since our device is weekly built, we'll have to be a little bit patient about official builds. I'm finishing a second build right now, and waiting for some other stuff, so I'll be probably able to upload a tested unofficial beta tonight :)

Last edited:

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
Any major bugs with PAC. Looking for a daily driver!

Only problem I experienced for two weeks using this one was a screen flicker, which is present on every single ROM out there (just don't forget to tick "Disable HW overlays" in Developer options). Everything else is pretty much fine, didn't have any problems. ROM is stable, pretty battery friendly... for me, at least - I get from 18-20hrs to max 1.5-2 days with ~2.5-4h screen time and GPS, wireless, 3g with pretty messed up coverage and non stop active Viber, K9 and Hangouts, if I don't play with it too much. Current stats are 15hrs on battery, 10.5hrs of deep sleep, 4 hrs awake & 2.5hrs of screen time, and still around 40% to spend, but it depends from your usage and configuration.

dpalmer76

Oct 4, 2012
Mississippi
Only problem I experienced for two weeks using this one was a screen flicker, which is present on every single ROM out there (just don't forget to tick "Disable HW overlays" in Developer options). Everything else is pretty much fine, didn't have any problems. ROM is stable, pretty battery friendly... for me, at least - I get from 18-20hrs to max 1.5-2 days with ~2.5-4h screen time and GPS, wireless, 3g with pretty messed up coverage and non stop active Viber, K9 and Hangouts, if I don't play with it too much. Current stats are 15hrs on battery, 10.5hrs of deep sleep, 4 hrs awake & 2.5hrs of screen time, and still around 40% to spend, but it depends from your usage and configuration.

I will give it a spin, I really hope bluetooth (I really need it) is stable as well! Thanks for your help!

Akhileshjj

Apr 23, 2012
Bangalore
Anyone having deep sleep issue with the Beta LP ?
If anyone has madmacks modem (I read that as a solution for Deep sleep issue) please share the link,:(
I have tried flashing one of the modem i had but no use .

But otherwise no problem with the ROM even bluetooth was working fine.

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
Anyone having deep sleep issue with the Beta LP ?
If anyone has madmacks modem (I read that as a solution for Deep sleep issue) please share the link,:(
I have tried flashing one of the modem i had but no use .

But otherwise no problem with the ROM even bluetooth was working fine.

You have e980, not a variant (e988, e989, e986 etc.)? Because if you don't have e980, you shouldn't even think about flashing that modem. Also, Better Battery Stats -> See what's keeping your baby awake -> eliminate. GAPPS are pretty much always a reason.

Also: flash & taco consummation recipe [link] by @machinistsWIP can be helpful.

Reactions: machinistsWIP

Akhileshjj

Apr 23, 2012
Bangalore
You have e980, not a variant (e988, e989, e986 etc.)? Because if you don't have e980, you shouldn't even think about flashing that modem. Also, Better Battery Stats -> See what's keeping your baby awake -> eliminate. GAPPS are pretty much always a reason.

Also: flash & taco consummation recipe [link] by @machinistsWIP can be helpful.

Oh I have E988 so madmacks modem will not work?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
Oh I have E988 so madmacks modem will not work?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

Modem will, but your phone probably won't :D Differences between OGPros (I mean e98x variants) are in modem firmware (as I remember from some CM10.2 thread), so I would rather avoid poking a bear with a stick.

I flashed from stock Kitkat, but I never had hardware-inflicted deep sleep problems. Usually, GAPPS package or bad password in mail & similar apps are the culprit. So I usually wipe the hell out of device before flashing anything and flash mini/pico gapps, to be sure there will be no Google overlord wakelocks for me.

Try installing BBS, really. It should give you a hint who is to blame.

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Get many fc with Beta 1. Latest KitKat build working fine. I have a E986 but E988 or E980 working also on my Phone but E988 is more similar to E986.

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
Clean flash? How did you restore data, if any restoration done? No prob. here, rocking huild from todays sources...

Sent from my Optimus G Pro.

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
Clean flash yes. Make 2 time factory reset and have flash the Beta 1. First fc i have see in the setup, after this i get fc in the settings menue. Performance is ok but kk version run better. I have use pa gapps google edition with latest supersu. Restore my data with tb.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

Alright kids...my commits for 5.0 have been merged, so give us a little time and delicious Lollipop flavored PAC will be yours :)
    Aright to i have GAINED DEEPSLEEP FINALLY ! I know a lot of people have had issues with it ... And the way I did it was pretty simple and probably already talked about before. I flashtooled back to 10k stock... Kingo rooted...installed freegee....installed cwm on freegee.... Rebooted into recovery and wiped phone completely."I already have backups on my ext SD in case of something going wrong ". Flashed PAC ..Flashed Banks minimal with Google search....Then flashed madmacks modem... Booted up and added my account... Stopped the play store from downloading all my apps back... Wiped Google play services data completely.... Rebooted and let phone sit and it is deep sleeping .... Sorry about my bad way of explaining it but BOOM deep sleep and PAC at the same time
    Hope this helps somehow for someone to gain deepsleep

Hit thanks if you achieve it as well:D:beer:

:thumbup::D:beer::thumbup::D:beer:
    2SHAYNEZ
    quick update: I successfully compiled PAC 5.0 alpha. lollipop is pretty cool, and I would let you guys test it except I burned out two monitors this week and don't have a replacement... so all work is halted until then. a coworker of mine might have one for me Monday, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    rc2 stable

alright, rc2 stable build is here in the dev folder https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/pacman/e980/dev/

Other than the usual code cleanup, etc., all customization settings are now conveniently located under PAC settings.

next build will likely have a 3 in it :highfive: