[ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.0][e980] PAC-ROM LP Beta-1

26th March 2015, 02:56 AM   |  #601  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 255

1,707 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamajalo

I'll tell you more about battery life tomorrow evening, I've flashed new build on my phone around 4pm local time and charged it until 9-10pm, right now phone is idling on my desk since its like 2.30am here, so I haven't used it at all. So far, every build I've used (official weeklies and 2-3day builds from my machine, to make sure device is buildable and functional) had decent battery life (~3h SOT, ~5hrs awake, ~30hrs total on one charge, as average), but my usage may be specific since I don't use any social networking apps (no fb, twitter, g+), just Viber and sometimes Hangouts, but music player + viper are active pretty much (2-4 hours per day, viper is set to Super so it can impact battery life) so my phone stays awake for long periods of time with constant drain (maybe 2-4% per hour) because of that.

Changes, changes... bunch of framework stuff and core fixes [link], also some device specific patches (Sprint non-standard SIM patch & SEPolicy changes , both from CM device sources) I've pushed few days ago. Nothing else too specific.

Thanks for the detailed answer mate. I am on the build now. Gonna try this for a week to see the impact.

How about the version info tab mate? It is very useful for me that is why I am really adamant on having it as a feature.

And also the disabling of the superuser icon at the status bar, is it there already?
26th March 2015, 10:43 AM   |  #602  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

124 posts
More
Nothing yet about version tab, I'll try to find that commit myself and see if is possible to push it.

Uh, that one can be disabled only if you disable root access, if you use stock root. I don't mind the icon (plenty of space up there) and I don't think that will be removed, at least not soon.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to zamajalo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2015, 12:46 AM   |  #603  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 255

1,707 posts
More
Quote:

Nothing yet about version tab, I'll try to find that commit myself and see if is possible to push it.

Uh, that one can be disabled only if you disable root access, if you use stock root. I don't mind the icon (plenty of space up there) and I don't think that will be removed, at least not soon.

Thanks again for the answer.
28th March 2015, 05:28 PM   |  #604  
OP Senior Member

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitoTakatori

Thanks again for the answer.

I made you a promise about battery life info. Stats in attachment

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1427560085817.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	3233407  
The Following User Says Thank You to zamajalo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2015, 06:00 PM   |  #605  
Thanks Meter: 5

112 posts
Quote:

Only solution for screen flicker is to keep Disable HW overlays on, haven't found another one yet. I've tried to find what's causing it, but found nothing in logs unfortunately... We'll have to wait a little bit more it seems.

As for bluetooth, it is working fine for me, but I'm using bluetooth only for file transfer (that's working great) and tethering (which was working last time I checked, my second phone is not available at the moment - broken battery, so I can't power it on and connect to my OGPro and check for this build).

You are still experiencing bluetooth problems with hands-free/headphones/dock?

No matter ifI have Disable HW overlays on or off, I still get real bad flickering. I have to reset my phone 2 or 3 times a day because of it. Is there something else I should be doing?
28th March 2015, 06:26 PM   |  #606  
OP Senior Member

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAm500

No matter ifI have Disable HW overlays on or off, I still get real bad flickering. I have to reset my phone 2 or 3 times a day because of it. Is there something else I should be doing?

Um, do you tick HW overlays after every reboot? Because it unticks every time you reboot.

28th March 2015, 07:28 PM   |  #607  
Thanks Meter: 11

58 posts
More
Quote:

Um, do you tick HW overlays after every reboot? Because it unticks every time you reboot.

Check the blisspop thread, Nerdy has a solution to the HW overlay uncheck issue.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/opti...913421/page122
post #1216
Last edited by eocobby721; 28th March 2015 at 07:34 PM.
Yesterday, 02:00 AM   |  #608  
Thanks Meter: 5

112 posts
Quote:

Yes, no matter if its enabled or not, it still crashes
Yesterday, 09:04 AM   |  #609  
OP Senior Member

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAm500

Yes, no matter if its enabled or not, it still crashes

Everything fine with HW overlays ticked here... Are you sure that something is not disabling that option? There is no other fix, for now.

Also, try with clean start. Which nightly are you using?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
e980, optimus g pro, pac, pac man, roms
Previous Thread Next Thread