FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.0.2][e980] PAC-ROM LP Beta-1

23rd April 2015, 11:05 PM |#661  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael Luis

I'm sorry the late reply. With other ROMS, when the battery goes down I get 2 - 2:30 of screen on and when battery reach 25-30% it only get deep sleep after while with screen off.

With this ROM i get 3:30-4hr and it get deep sleep immediately. And I'm using the "stock" kernel.

PS: I always flashed the modem.zip correction for deepsleep mode.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

It's the E989

And madmack's modem is working without problems? Man, I'm amased a bit, mine is e988 and it didn't want to work with other modems

23rd April 2015, 11:28 PM |#662  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamajalo

And madmack's modem is working without problems? Man, I'm amased a bit, mine is e988 and it didn't want to work with other modems

It's working pretty great so far, amazing battery and (besides the troll keyboard crashing twice) very stable. I've said before and I'll say again. This is the best ROM I've used ! And I'm sorry, I wasn't polite before. Thank you very much for the ROM

PS: This ROM has too many personalization (traffic data !!!!!) and I love that! But there is one thing that "bothers" me is it lacks the option of buttons on the screen (BACK, HOME AND MENU - I forget the name right now EDIT: NAV BUTTONS ) like nexus 4,5 .. If it's not too much trouble

PS2: I don't know anything about programming and etc. But if you need help, I can try to help!

Sorry for the bad english, I'm from Brazil.
Last edited by Rafael Luis; 23rd April 2015 at 11:31 PM.
23rd April 2015, 11:53 PM |#663  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

It's working pretty great so far, amazing battery and (besides the troll keyboard crashing twice) very stable. I've said before and I'll say again. This is the best ROM I've used ! And I'm sorry, I wasn't polite before. Thank you very much for the ROM

PS: This ROM has too many personalization (traffic data !!!!!) and I love that! But there is one thing that "bothers" me is it lacks the option of buttons on the screen (BACK, HOME AND MENU - I forget the name right now EDIT: NAV BUTTONS ) like nexus 4,5 .. If it's not too much trouble

PS2: I don't know anything about programming and etc. But if you need help, I can try to help!

Sorry for the bad english, I'm from Brazil.

It's nav bar I hope it will be added later, it's not depending on me, unfortunately (I'm not involved in ROM development for now, my java knowledge is not that great for now, so I'd avoid messing up with that, so I'm just doing a device maintenance). If that depended on me, man, I'd feature the hell out of this one, but my job is to keep device buildable, stable, updated and functional.

Keyboard may be messing with you because of gapps (I don't know which pack are you using, I had no issues with jajb's), but if that continues, just disable stock and use Google's or another one

You can always test and report here, because you have an variant (e989). Most users have e980s or e988s (myself too), and since device-stuff is for every e98x variant, every word and report means a lot, especially from variants.

You can see how things get strange when madmack's e980 modem works on your model, but doesn't work on mine (I've tried it a year ago, when I first flashed my phone - it didn't want to sleep no matter what I do, for 5 days tried everything - from roms, modems which soft-bricked me twice, build.prop hacks, and in the end returned it back to stock and just said f*** it and flashed a clean rom, without app backup and bang - problems were solved until I restored damn mail settings backup - bad password ), so many other things work for someone, someone else has crazy amount of problems, and someone doesn't have problems at all.

Your english is just fine Greetings and thank you
24th April 2015, 12:14 AM |#664  
Flag Rio de Janeiro

More
Quote:

It's nav bar I hope it will be added later, it's not depending on me, unfortunately (I'm not involved in ROM development for now, my java knowledge is not that great for now, so I'd avoid messing up with that, so I'm just doing a device maintenance). If that depended on me, man, I'd feature the hell out of this one, but my job is to keep device buildable, stable, updated and functional.

Keyboard may be messing with you because of gapps (I don't know which pack are you using, I had no issues with jajb's), but if that continues, just disable stock and use Google's or another one

You can always test and report here, because you have an variant (e989). Most users have e980s or e988s (myself too), and since device-stuff is for every e98x variant, every word and report means a lot, especially from variants.

You can see how things get strange when madmack's e980 modem works on your model, but doesn't work on mine (I've tried it a year ago, when I first flashed my phone - it didn't want to sleep no matter what I do, for 5 days tried everything - from roms, modems which soft-bricked me twice, build.prop hacks, and in the end returned it back to stock and just said f*** it and flashed a clean rom, without app backup and bang - problems were solved until I restored damn mail settings backup - bad password ), so many other things work for someone, someone else has crazy amount of problems, and someone doesn't have problems at all.

Your english is just fine Greetings and thank you

Hahaha, well then I can say that your job it's been beautifuly done!

Keyboard it's fine now, just FC 2 times and in the first day. madmack always worked for me, in any ROM (I've used cyanogen 11 and 12, blisspop, ressurection). And when I updating, I've always clean install.

I never restore apps backup like titanium and etc., always f***s something up.

PS: My gapps version it's 22022015 (probably micro)
PS2: Add the madmack modem info in the OP, maybe it helps someone
PS3: I don't care if I have to walk with a battery car in my back to charge my phone, I'M NEVER GOING BACK TO LG'S ****TY STOCK ROM!
24th April 2015, 02:10 PM |#665  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Hahaha, well then I can say that your job it's been beautifuly done!

Keyboard it's fine now, just FC 2 times and in the first day. madmack always worked for me, in any ROM (I've used cyanogen 11 and 12, blisspop, ressurection). And when I updating, I've always clean install.

I never restore apps backup like titanium and etc., always f***s something up.

PS: My gapps version it's 22022015 (probably micro)
PS2: Add the madmack modem info in the OP, maybe it helps someone
PS3: I don't care if I have to walk with a battery car in my back to charge my phone, I'M NEVER GOING BACK TO LG'S ****TY STOCK ROM!

Those gapps are old, lol.

I'm using adb backup/restore now, works flawlessly for apps and app data, and messages, contacts, calendar etc get synced so that backups are not important that much. I'll make a short post about deep sleep, my experience and debugging because I see people don't like reading () as soon as my pc is back from service, so you're welcome to contribute with your experience and suggestions (you other cool guys are invited to the party, too). I'll post it and bookmark it, for science.

Welcome to the party, I'm glad to see you here xD

Sent from my Optimus G Pro
Yesterday, 02:14 AM |#666  
Flag Rio de Janeiro

More
Quote:

Those gapps are old, lol.

I'm using adb backup/restore now, works flawlessly for apps and app data, and messages, contacts, calendar etc get synced so that backups are not important that much. I'll make a short post about deep sleep, my experience and debugging because I see people don't like reading () as soon as my pc is back from service, so you're welcome to contribute with your experience and suggestions (you other cool guys are invited to the party, too). I'll post it and bookmark it, for science.

Welcome to the party, I'm glad to see you here xD

Sent from my Optimus G Pro

I chose this gapps because i'm in 5.0.2, build 09/04/2015. I'm studying for a big test and I'm too lazy to update now hahaha.
I'm having a wonderful experience with the ROM, no complains so far!
And as suggestions:
1) NAV buttons
2) FREE RAM bar to the recents
3) You know that button above (that one that in the stock ROM opens LG ****ty notepad or whatever) the volume + button? Maybe add the option in BUTTONS to wake up the device, turn off, camera, create army of Sith kittens, etc etc..

Good luck with the PC!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
e980, optimus g pro, pac, pac man, roms
Previous Thread Next Thread