XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

E980 Straight Talk!

Tip us?

appleknight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default E980 Straight Talk!

Incase anybody hasnt figured it out the E980 DOES work on straight talk, I unlocked mine with cellunlocker.net, and maybe its just my area, but I get faster download speeds with my striaght talk SIM than I do with the att SIM

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

appleknight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Had to use the old att.mvno apn to get data and mms working

dante501
Old
Thanks Meter 138
I use the normal Straight talk APN settings and it works with no issues. Minus LTE.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

appleknight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
I just ordered a 4g microsim, should be here in a couple days

draiko913
Old
Thanks Meter 27
So after reading this thread, I jumped over the Straight Talk's site (I already use an AT&T Straight Talk sim card), but I noticed they now show that they have AT&T 4G LTE compatible sim cards. I just ordered one for $6.99 with free overnight shipping. It explicitly states that you can keep your 4G LTE speeds with an AT&T 4G LTE compatible phone.

Hopefully it truly does allows for LTE, that would be pretty impressive for an MVNO! I'm actually on hold trying to talk to customer service to confirm, but if I can't get through, I'll report back after I get my new sim activated.

ahrion
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by draiko913 View Post
So after reading this thread, I jumped over the Straight Talk's site (I already use an AT&T Straight Talk sim card), but I noticed they now show that they have AT&T 4G LTE compatible sim cards. I just ordered one for $6.99 with free overnight shipping. It explicitly states that you can keep your 4G LTE speeds with an AT&T 4G LTE compatible phone.

Hopefully it truly does allows for LTE, that would be pretty impressive for an MVNO! I'm actually on hold trying to talk to customer service to confirm, but if I can't get through, I'll report back after I get my new sim activated.
Pretty sure it doesn't, but let us know if you get LTE as opposed to just 4G H+.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

appleknight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Like I said fellas, I have an att 4g sim and a straighttalk 3g sim, and I get faster speed with the ST sim, which is what made me order a new micro sim, because the one I have is one that I cut

draiko913
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahrion View Post
Pretty sure it doesn't, but let us know if you get LTE as opposed to just 4G H+.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4
You sir, are a buzzkill. Just kidding. So I did get in touch with their customer service who ensures me that I will truly receive LTE service. I am still skeptical, but will report back on Monday/Tuesday after I get my number moved over to the new sim. Saint Louis is pretty well blanketed with LTE service, so I should know as soon as throw the card in and update the APN. Here is the image on their site though shows LTE explicitly (not just the general reference to 4G).

adizzle23
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleknight View Post
Incase anybody hasnt figured it out the E980 DOES work on straight talk, I unlocked mine with cellunlocker.net, and maybe its just my area, but I get faster download speeds with my striaght talk SIM than I do with the att SIM

Just so u know, u don't have to unlock your att phone to use on att straight talk. Every att phone works fine out of the box. Also 4g LTE is now available for att straight talk customers with a LTE capable phone and u have to order new sim which is 6.99 with free overnight shipping. Although a couple people claim LTE is working in there old sim.

sent from my OG PRO using tapatalk 4

appleknight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
I tried, no signal, had to unlock