Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 52,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INDEX+Help Thread] No Question is noobish Here

Tip us?

Lalit Patil
Old
(Last edited by Lalit Patil; 11th September 2013 at 11:52 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2049
Default [INDEX+Help Thread] No Question is noobish Here

To all new users:

Welcome to the Help and General Discussion thread Of LG Optimus G PrO

Introduction

Made this thread with the intention that because of this thread the amount of spam posts in development thread will be sorted under the head of one thread only..

Read this all before continuing to use this forum or making a new thread to ensure you make the most out of it:

First of all:

Post in these respective sections according to their usage:

Let Us understand What these different sectionS mean -

1.General Section -

This Section General Section should be used when :-
You have something cool to share *When it is not already shared by someone else*
A thing which is not made by you but you know that will work on this phone and is not shared by someone else
Some topic discussion which is not about warez, advertisement, bounty collection, off topic, etc
Any ROM, theme, mod, tool, development related thing NOT made by you.
Any Off-Topic Discussion should be done in this thread and you are free to ask any type of question here. I will be ever grateful to answer you. And no question is noobish here and no one is noob here.
Any guide that IS made by you. Copying guides isn't good and if a guide is modified by you for our device then link to original thread should be included.
Any, tricks(not promoting or discussing warez), tips, suggestion, etc which are not created already by someone else
Any app made or not made by you belongs in this section and not development section.

2.Android Development Section -

These things belong to development section :-
ROM made by YOU
Kernel made by YOU
Tool made by YOU
ROM ported by YOU
All of these things should be tested by you
No KANGS(Copying other person's work without permission and/or posting it with/without credits)

3. Themes And Apps Section -

These things belong to Themes and apps section :-
App Made by you for this device..
Any special themed apk for this device

3. Original Android Development Forum -

These things belong to Original development section :-
Official releases of highly original and upstream custom ROMs (built from the ground up with significant original development within them
Official releases/development of such original ROMs, perhaps posted by the maintainer or their nominated person.
A significant ďfirstĒ in development for a device. Significant is subjective, but it is likely something which took considerable time/effort, and is generally accepted by developers to be significant and non-trivial.
Kernels which are built with beneficial changes that are not simply pulled from other kernels already available. Some element of original work is expected.
Tools and utilities with a clear purpose, and which are well-made, and useful to users. They should have an element of originality, either in purpose or through significant improvement in the means of operation.
Significant port of a ROM from one device to another, giving enhanced features or functionality to users of the target device. The port should be beneficial (a port from two virtually identical devices isnít original development, itís winzipping, and nobody really benefits from this, as itís not development)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here

#Your opinions, chats, suggestions, tips, etc which can help other users. No flaming needed.
#Your discoveries. Don't post other's work as yours
#No need of using this thread as political or social or religious topic gossip

Hope this thread doesn't die and newbies use it and let the general section remain clean and full of genuine questions, guides and other much useful stuffs

-Regards-

A newbie..

-Credits-
iamareebjamal and xda for letting me know what is the meaning of different forums.
XDA for letting me post this thread..
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lalit Patil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lalit Patil
Old
(Last edited by Lalit Patil; 11th September 2013 at 11:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2049
Default [INDEX][ALL IN ONE] ROMS & MOD's

INDEX Of ROMS and Mods developed for Optimus G Pro !!

ROMS :-

[Stock Roms] Flash International Rom on AT&T E980
Pure Stock Rooted and Debloated
Xperience E988 Xperia ZU Style
[ROM][4.3][AOSP] CarbonROM nightlies \\ Unofficial \\ 09.11.13 \\ ONLY E980 !
Official CM 10.2 for LG Optimus G Pro
[CM10.2] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3) for E980
[4.3]MoKee OS Project \\ Unofficial \\ 09.10.13 \\
[4.3] UNOFFICIAL SlimBean for E980 (09/09/2013)
[CM10.1] UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 for E980
[4.3] AOKP 4.3 Preview \\ 09.10.13 \\ Unofficial \\
[4.3]Beanstalk 4.3.07[Unofficial][Preview] 09/07/2013
4.2.2 Digital Minds E988
Freegee OG Pro Edition
[4.3][UNOFFICIAL] SlimBean \\ BETA #4 \\ 04.09.2013 \\ BOOTED !
[4.3] CyanFox \\ HALO + HYBRID \\ 09.05.13 \\
[Kernel] Optimus G Pro (E980, E988, F240)
Stock FIrmwares
[AOSP] Official uXylon \\ v2.9.8 \\ 08.30.13 \\

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Stuff :-

*ROOT* for LG Optimus G Pro E980(AT&T), E988(HK), E989(UK) + CWM + TWRP]
Clockworkmod Recovery v6.0.2.8 v1 for Optimus G Pro
[Files] CWM + ROM + ROOT + Drivers + PC Suite + Flash Tool +Mobile Support Tool
[TOT] LGE980 (ATT) Value Pack Firmware
[TOT] LGE980 ATT Optimus G PRO Factory tot IMAGE [lgnpst]
[Recovery][TWRP/CWM][HK (E988), KR (F240L, S, K)] Flashable recovery!

[Recovery][CWM][ATT-ONLY!] Flashable CWM recovery!
[Reference] Building Android / Kernels for the LG E980 (ATT)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods :-

[MOD][TeAm VeNuM - Screen Sensitivity - VeNuM
Get rid of qslides in Notification
Get rid of carrier Label
[Kernel] Optimus G Pro (E980, E988, F240)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lalit Patil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinniemac84
Old
Thanks Meter 9
hope this thread manages to stick to what you want. i'm with you tho, i dont know much about the technical side of things (like building roms and kernals) but i've been dealing with phones for the better part of a decade (past 3 and a half years selling and fixing them haha) so i'm more than happy to lend any help i can as well answering questions too
BB8300 -> BB8310 -> BB900 -> BB9700 -> BB 9800 -> BB9810
iPhone 3GS
Nokia E71x
Samsung focus -> nokia lumia 820
moto atrix -> Samsung GS2 Skyrocket -> LGOG -> LG OGPro
(Ex) AT&T employee
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vinniemac84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lalit Patil
Old
Thanks Meter 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniemac84 View Post
hope this thread manages to stick to what you want. i'm with you tho, i dont know much about the technical side of things (like building roms and kernals) but i've been dealing with phones for the better part of a decade (past 3 and a half years selling and fixing them haha) so i'm more than happy to lend any help i can as well answering questions too
That's great...

Atleast Hit Thanx If I helped U-XDA Rule

The Following User Says Thank You to Lalit Patil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yashwant123
Old
(Last edited by yashwant123; 19th August 2013 at 03:19 AM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1
Was just surfing around GPro's general forum and found this !!
Was not aware that outlr forum also has such thread..Actually such threads helps in reduction of spams in general and Q & A forum !!
Whatever ,
I have one doubt if I keep my phone on charging whole night by mistake will it affect perfomance of battery in future ?
The Following User Says Thank You to yashwant123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrfeuss
Old
Thanks Meter 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashwant123 View Post
I have one doubt if I keep my phone on charging whole night by mistake will it affect perfomance of battery in future ?
I think the jury is still out on this one. Some people swear that you should unplug a device as soon as it is fully charged. Other people insist that you can leave it plugged in perpetually without any adverse effects. I typically charge my phones when I go to bed so I'm sure I'm technically "over-charging" my batteries, but I've never experienced any noticeable battery failures.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrfeuss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lalit Patil
Old
Thanks Meter 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfeuss View Post
I think the jury is still out on this one. Some people swear that you should unplug a device as soon as it is fully charged. Other people insist that you can leave it plugged in perpetually without any adverse effects. I typically charge my phones when I go to bed so I'm sure I'm technically "over-charging" my batteries, but I've never experienced any noticeable battery failures.
Yeah actually..
Many people ask same question !!

Atleast Hit Thanx If I helped U-XDA Rule

yashwant123
Old
(Last edited by yashwant123; 19th August 2013 at 03:56 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfeuss View Post
Ok Thanx !! :thumbup:

Lalit Patil
Old
Thanks Meter 2049
Updated second post with INDEX of roms which will help us to find rom of our choice within short time...
Will update it weekly..If something is not added do remind me..

-Thanx-

Hit Thanx If I helped U

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lalit Patil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lalit Patil
Old
Thanks Meter 2049
Anyone checked latest Youtube App Update ? Its awsome..It has got multi tabs..^_^..
Like we can keep one video running and can surf youtube (other videos) at the same time !!

Hit Thanx If I helped U - Its frEE

The Following User Says Thank You to Lalit Patil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
help thread, index g pro