Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 53,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone over heating?

Tip us?

garcijua
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Phone over heating?

Is anybody elses phone over heating? I'll just be browsing the web or now I put it to charge and the bottom of the phone feels like it's burning. Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

SuperABuser
Old
Thanks Meter 20
In which rom?

Sent from my LG-G Pro using Tapatalk
HTC Wildfire|Samsung Galaxy S3|Samsung Galaxy Note 2|LG G Pro

likemiketoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcijua View Post
Is anybody elses phone over heating? I'll just be browsing the web or now I put it to charge and the bottom of the phone feels like it's burning. Anyone else having this problem?

Same here, it's been happening on almost every rom I use even when I enable thermal throttling

garcijua
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Stock. It's only rooted so I can have ad away. There isn't even a custom recovery.

drumm3rb0y
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcijua View Post
Stock. It's only rooted so I can have ad away. There isn't even a custom recovery.

im having the same issues with the stock rom. I am not a huge fan of it and am considering going back to 4.1. I have reset my phone completely twice now and have tried the gservices fix as well. I really like the stock rom and don't see any big difference in the stock rom from 4.1 to 4.4

garcijua
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
There a couple differences, but not really worth the wait. We had to go through. I wish they would've added more features to stock kit kat. But it ok.

SuperABuser
Old
Thanks Meter 20
If the overheating occurs with mobile data enabled it's totally normal.

Sent from my LG-G Pro using Tapatalk
HTC Wildfire|Samsung Galaxy S3|Samsung Galaxy Note 2|LG G Pro

blitzkriegger
Old
Thanks Meter 9
To help reduce heat, what i usually do is change the cpu governor to interactive, and underclock both the cpu and gpu, especially if im not doing resource intensive tasks like gaming. I use trickstermod to toggle settings, and i make sure "mpdecision" and "soc temprature toggle" are both activated. Also i check lg hidden settings and make sure "thermal daemon mitigation off" setting remains off. Lastly i decrease the screen brightness as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to blitzkriegger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KennyWRX
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumm3rb0y View Post
im having the same issues with the stock rom. I am not a huge fan of it and am considering going back to 4.1. I have reset my phone completely twice now and have tried the gservices fix as well. I really like the stock rom and don't see any big difference in the stock rom from 4.1 to 4.4
Check you battery stats for any process/app using excessive battery.

abumy
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I noticed a slight overheating issue running CyanogenMod11 until flashing madmacks modem. That was to fix a deep sleep issue to improve battery while a corollary of that fix seemed to be much less overheating.

Underclocking and adjusting governer settings through trickster, as mentioned above, also mitigated any overheating issue.

Just out of curiosity, when overheating is mentioned about what temp are we talking about?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app