Cyanogenmod

OP stew1411

31st August 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ardmore
Thanks Meter: 5

218 posts
More
So on the cyanogenmod website, they have cm11 nightlies and snapshot builds. However, there are no instructions. Do I need to have a lokified recovery? Or can I just install cwm. Other than that, its the basic flash ROM and gapps.
31st August 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 57

269 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stew1411

So on the cyanogenmod website, they have cm11 nightlies and snapshot builds. However, there are no instructions. Do I need to have a lokified recovery? Or can I just install cwm. Other than that, its the basic flash ROM and gapps.

i have always flashed with freegees cwm, i think that is already lokified
3rd September 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #3  
Flag Falls Church,VA
Thanks Meter: 108

347 posts
Donate to Me
Just install the recovery via freegee, then do a clean install.The gapp should be signed 4.3_kk. Once you install cm11, all the updates can be done through cmupdate or cyandelta if you're using the nightly.
3rd September 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 386

532 posts
FreeGee recoveries are lokified, but you have to be coming from stock 4.1.2 in order to use FreeGee.
The Following User Says Thank You to machinistsWIP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #5  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,327

4,675 posts
Donate to Me
More
Also the cwm on freegee needs to be Loki toggled in advanced within recovery or it will not install correctly.

2SHAYNEZ
3rd September 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 386

532 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

Also the cwm on freegee needs to be Loki toggled in advanced within recovery or it will not install correctly.

2SHAYNEZ

Never had to do that... Weird
The Following User Says Thank You to machinistsWIP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #7  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,327

4,675 posts
Donate to Me
More
I always go toggle it.. Weird .. Things always are different for me for some reason. Oh the joy of being a half ginger bearded bad ass lol🎉🎉

2SHAYNEZ
The Following User Says Thank You to shayneflashindaily For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #8  
Flag Falls Church,VA

347 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

2SHAYNEZ

Never had to toggle Loki either on freegee, it mention something like that in an message while I was using freegee. Installing cwm with freezer is quit simple, choose my recovery ,then cwm is installed. The rom manager can also be used to install an older version of the recovery (they try to make unaware user buy the newest version of cwm) , I didn't really discover that until I already used freegee

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
8th September 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ardmore
Thanks Meter: 5

218 posts
More
I used freegee to install cwm to use only once so I could install philz. Used philz to install cm 11. Everything works great so far. Battery life sucks. So I bought a spare battery and a battery dock.
10th September 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #10  
Flag Falls Church,VA

347 posts
Donate to Me
The battery was bad for me as well when I first started to use cm11. I adjusted the CPU governor and turned off all the bell and whistle that I didn't need, nothing, the battery was draining quicker than I could charged, if that even made any sense. One day I soft bricked the phone, and had to reinstall. Did a clean install, and magically every thing was running smooth as butter. Even the abnormal batter drain was gone. I can only blame my previous battery issue on dirty ROM installation.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread