Post Reply

developing kernel

2nd August 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #21  
vladmir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
399 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Any progress with the kernel?
The Following User Says Thank You to vladmir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #22  
dante_67's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
261 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Yes, question from me too, we need a kernel and also after lg making the source available
3rd August 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #23  
shayneflashindaily's Avatar
Senior Member
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,100
 
3,979 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Kernel for stock KK would be proper

2SHAYNEZ
3rd August 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #24  
vladmir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
399 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante_67

Yes, question from me too, we need a kernel and also after lg making the source available

I agreed, now it's possible to add the knock on feature!!!
7th August 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
the kernel source is already available, I think.

here is the link

http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/index
7th August 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #26  
vladmir's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
399 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafalafafa

the kernel source is already available, I think.

here is the link

http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/index

You are right, now we need some dev to add features and tweaks and compile the kernel.
I don't have knowledge for that, but I will be a tester, I have the E986 model This is a great device, unfortunately with a small community😞 and for me a a good custom kernel is the base for a good custom Rom!

Anyone going for this challenge?
7th August 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmir

You are right, now we need some dev to add features and tweaks and compile the kernel.
I don't have knowledge for that, but I will be a tester, I have the E986 model This is a great device, unfortunately with a small community😞 and for me a a good custom kernel is the base for a good custom Rom!

Anyone going for this challenge?

yes, that's unfortunate news. Unlike other platforms like galaxy, and/or xperia, they have their own custom kernels and more than what we have for our device. if there is someone going for it I would like to help the development.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Optimus G Pro General by ThreadRank