developing kernel

Search This thread

sukesh1090

Aug 1, 2012
Manipal
Hi guys,
First of all I don't know where thi thread should be. so, mods please spare me.
I have been compiling (Developing) kernel for a week now and I compiled 2 kernels from cm11 source and also from cm10.2 source using NDK toolchain4.6 (as 4.8 gives me some errors) .
I got zImage and also modules.I thought I will make a flashable zip but I don't have any other files and also I don't have source for any rom.so i pulled out boot.img from the AICP release 5.0 RC and packed my zImage in to a boot.img (renamed zImage to boot.img-kernel) and tried to put that boot.img and modules in to AICP zip folder and flash but everytime it gets stuck in LG logo.there could be many reasons for this as i am using a very crude method to put boot.img and modules files in to a rom zip and also it could be the kernel itself.I can't flash it in fastboot mode as my device won't stay in fastboot.
SO if anyone wants to try if this kernel works or not,please flash the provided boot.img in your device fastboot and let me know.If it works then i can go on making changes and adding OC ,governors and all.

BTW you know that normal XDA slogan so i won't repeat.
boot.img

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Aug 1, 2012
Manipal
1. Unpacked boot.img (i pulled it from AICP release 5 RC.zip) using the script
2. Unpacked ramdisk.gz in to ramdisk folder
3. deleted boot.img-kernel file and renamed zImage to boot.img-kernel
4. repacked using the script
I used this script

ki11aprime

Sep 26, 2012
I started looking at some videos to try and make a kernel also can you share a guide

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Aug 1, 2012
Manipal
sure.this is the best one i found,

[Tutorial] Building Your First Kernel

before this you need to install some things and you can follow this guide for that
How to Compile AOSPA from Source

follow this guide till installing android SDK then download android ndk and then follow the guide I provided above "building your first kernel" .
one more thing i wasn't able to install oracle jdk6 according to that guide so google it,you will find the installation procedure.

ki11aprime

Sep 26, 2012
sure.this is the best one i found,

[Tutorial] Building Your First Kernel

before this you need to install some things and you can follow this guide for that
How to Compile AOSPA from Source

follow this guide till installing android SDK then download android ndk and then follow the guide I provided above "building your first kernel" .
one more thing i wasn't able to install oracle jdk6 according to that guide so google it,you will find the installation procedure.

Thanks we need some attention on this device, its still an invincible device, if it was on more carriers it would have gotten the attention of many

vladmir

May 6, 2012
Porto
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I want to prest my respect and thanks for youres work, both. The g pro still are a great device, I don't understand why aren't some quality and quantity of stock Base room's and kernel's! So, I hope we seen some of that from yours!
I don't have skills to help, only I can say... Good luck and keep on!

sukesh1090

Aug 1, 2012
Manipal
Is it necessary to lokify the boot.img before flashing or will freegee will do it for us??
I don't understand why the stock unmodified CM 10.2 kernel get stuck in LG logo.I don't get any errors while compiling but still it won't boot.

sukesh1090

Aug 1, 2012
Manipal
I am using TWRP provided in freegee OG pro. I remember sometimes seeing the log while flashing it says lokifying.... .I think it does the job for us but then why the hell my kernel is not booting.
Atleast If fastboot was working it would have made my life much easier,I didn't have to flash then if it won't work then flash some other kernel,its pain in ........
guys is fastboot working for you??

Mervingio

Mar 28, 2011
Elysium
OnePlus 7 Pro
I am using TWRP provided in freegee OG pro. I remember sometimes seeing the log while flashing it says lokifying.... .I think it does the job for us but then why the hell my kernel is not booting.
Atleast If fastboot was working it would have made my life much easier,I didn't have to flash then if it won't work then flash some other kernel,its pain in ........
guys is fastboot working for you??
Try CWM 6.0.4.4 [emoji15]

bountyman334

Account currently disabled
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta
Sony Xperia 1 III

Mervingio

Mar 28, 2011
Elysium
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thought i would share this fount a twrp recovery 2.6.3.0 loki-fied and i made a simple swap and it works for all my flashing (am On Spihnx 1.6) <-- Flash this daily becuz am testing g3 & g flex apps and i dont have to switch over to cwm....

but Note when u wipe data,cache,dalvik u have 2 reboot 2 recovery
https://mega.co.nz/#!hhBHWb4I!NEgT5TIeEgZEvLKMG22sAB3m1i6Uzk3bXB2wElIEO7o
Not sure ladt time i tru use TWRP need back to LG Flash tool

bountyman334

Account currently disabled
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta
Sony Xperia 1 III
this is legit am using it now between cm11 and sphinx...but i fiqured out that u have to be on 4.1.2 to use twrp tried it with the stock kitkat and it dosent wrk ...so beware dont use stock kitkat at all by my understanding its boot need to be loki fied first

sukesh1090

Aug 1, 2012
Manipal
I think the development stopped

Yup for now because I am not in home.:p next week I will get back to my comp and then I will continue the development :) .I compiled with both NDK toolchain 4.6 and 4.8 both compile without error but kernel gets stuck in LG logo.so I will try with linaro tool chain,let's see how it goes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    First of all I don't know where thi thread should be. so, mods please spare me.
    I have been compiling (Developing) kernel for a week now and I compiled 2 kernels from cm11 source and also from cm10.2 source using NDK toolchain4.6 (as 4.8 gives me some errors) .
    I got zImage and also modules.I thought I will make a flashable zip but I don't have any other files and also I don't have source for any rom.so i pulled out boot.img from the AICP release 5.0 RC and packed my zImage in to a boot.img (renamed zImage to boot.img-kernel) and tried to put that boot.img and modules in to AICP zip folder and flash but everytime it gets stuck in LG logo.there could be many reasons for this as i am using a very crude method to put boot.img and modules files in to a rom zip and also it could be the kernel itself.I can't flash it in fastboot mode as my device won't stay in fastboot.
    SO if anyone wants to try if this kernel works or not,please flash the provided boot.img in your device fastboot and let me know.If it works then i can go on making changes and adding OC ,governors and all.

BTW you know that normal XDA slogan so i won't repeat.
    boot.img
    Wat steps did u take as in making the image
    Am making a kernel for stock KitKat sphinx
    I believe the recoveries provided through FreeGee are already lokified.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
    Any progress with the kernel?