Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FM radio spirit FM

Tip us?

mmikeman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default FM radio spirit FM

Hey so I'm seeing various answers in regards to our phones having FM radio capability in the hardware or not, some people are saying it doesn't period since LG didn't put it in from the factory , others are saying on some international models of the LG optimus G pro, they have this capability. I know for sure the phones don't come with the FM radio APK period but I recently came across the Spirit FM radio app that has the FM radio working on the LG G2 even, was wondering if our phones have the hardware to run FM radio or not or if the FM radio board is grounded? I run the app and it tells me to connect a headset and at first I was actually getting a signal but eventually dropped to 0, went through lots of posts in which some users said it works some said its impossible, my model is the e980 by ATT so its possible my board is grounded since its not international

vladmir
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I'm a owner of the international model, e986, fm radio was the only feature I misses from my previous device.
Like you, I want to now witches boards have this ability. I think isn't possible to activate the radio with software.
LG G2 D802
LG G PRO E986
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Nokia N70