Nexus 6 or Note 4 off topic

Search This thread

jason504

Mar 3, 2013
I know this is G Pro thread but one day all of us will get another phone. The G pro has been a awesome device. The best phone I have ever had. But I want a new one. So I want the Nexus 6 or Note 4. I am asking yall which one. Yalls advice would be appreciated. I am stuck on deciding both are good. I went into att and looked at both. The note 4 has all the bells and whistles. The nexus 6 is big I like. The Nexus will get all the updates first. The Note 4 will not which really does not matter since we root and flash our phones. I would love to hear yalls input on this thanks.

capnloo

Apr 22, 2011
I know this is G Pro thread but one day all of us will get another phone. The G pro has been a awesome device. The best phone I have ever had. But I want a new one. So I want the Nexus 6 or Note 4. I am asking yall which one. Yalls advice would be appreciated. I am stuck on deciding both are good. I went into att and looked at both. The note 4 has all the bells and whistles. The nexus 6 is big I like. The Nexus will get all the updates first. The Note 4 will not which really does not matter since we root and flash our phones. I would love to hear yalls input on this thanks.

i feel the need to get another phone myself, been thinking on the note 3 before im not able to get from att, and the final price of these phones are getting rediculous, i paid 389 for the g pro, the note 4 is 825! nexus 6 on att 683, my dilemma is note 3 is 699 final and a lil outdated to some, but i have to do the next plan on att so its a matter of how much im willing to spend in taxes. i dont have the money to drop these prices on the phone outright so att being my carrier gotta go with what ya can afford. have an expensive phone and drive a rollscanhardly or save some loot and drive a spark..... decisions decisions! 825 for the note 4! that damn thing better read my mind, play ps4 and xbox games, and get me high at the same time. oh and make bacon too

Reactions: jason504

HeatKevin

Nov 27, 2013
I'm staying

I am staying with the g pro I'm not changing phone till there no more custom roms left. There some people that don't even have smartphone.

G

GuestK00434

I'll be staying with the OGP till there are quality 64-bit devices worth buying.

If I had to choose today between the nexus 6 and the note 4, I would take the Nate 4 due to:
1. Screen quality
2. Better battery life
3. Removable battery
4. SD
5. S-pen, adds some benefits

Nexus 6 is about the development community more than anything though, there should be plenty of community support for the note 4 as well.

jason504

Mar 3, 2013
i feel the need to get another phone myself, been thinking on the note 3 before im not able to get from att, and the final price of these phones are getting rediculous, i paid 389 for the g pro, the note 4 is 825! nexus 6 on att 683, my dilemma is note 3 is 699 final and a lil outdated to some, but i have to do the next plan on att so its a matter of how much im willing to spend in taxes. i dont have the money to drop these prices on the phone outright so att being my carrier gotta go with what ya can afford. have an expensive phone and drive a rollscanhardly or save some loot and drive a spark..... decisions decisions! 825 for the note 4! that damn thing better read my mind, play ps4 and xbox games, and get me high at the same time. oh and make bacon too
Did you see the new lg g 3 Vista? It is 5.7 in and it is only 375$. I mean it's not the best but it looks like a good phone. Check it out

Shira_nai

Sep 29, 2013
I'd rather get 1+1 if price is a problem. Nexus 6 and Note 4 aren't very smooth (some reviews said so). Maybe because the QHD screen. And if I want a new phone, I want it to have no lag at all.
Xperia Z3 Compact is very alluring, 801 with 720p. The battery is very good too. But the screen is smaller and that might become a problem for you. I'll definitely get this device if I can't get the 1+1.
If you want to wait though, device with snapdragon 810 is around the corner (february?). Rumor also said 1+2 will be coming soon.

oVeRdOsE.

Sep 19, 2011
MTL
I'll be staying with the OGP till there are quality 64-bit devices worth buying.

If I had to choose today between the nexus 6 and the note 4, I would take the Nate 4 due to:
1. Screen quality
2. Better battery life
3. Removable battery
4. SD
5. S-pen, adds some benefits

Nexus 6 is about the development community more than anything though, there should be plenty of community support for the note 4 as well.

love those features!

note 4 has physical button to wake, it's a plus unless you have the double tap to wake.

abumy

Mar 18, 2014
The external SD card is a nice feature on any phone. But no devices get supported in an official way like nexus devices, both vanilla Android from Google and the various roms from the developer community both end up supporting the devices real well.

jason504

Mar 3, 2013
That's one of the reasons why I am leaning towards the nexus 6 because of development and updates. But that note 4 does have some cool stuff. Someone mentioned the 1+1 when that phone came out I was all on it. Thinking this is great high specs cheap price. Then they pulled this invite crap. They lost me good luck still trying to get one.

mohsin.android

Jan 18, 2014
Lahore
I would suggest to wait till almost quarter of next year (2015). You would see some 64 bit devices coming to the smartphone market.
At present I don't think one should spent so much money on Nexus 6 or Note 4 or even Z3.
They are all 32 bit, probably you might not notice a drastic change in you experience moving to any of these device.
Wait for 64 bit chips Snapdragon 808 or 810, wait for 4k screens coming next year.
Waiting now shall prove fruitful for you.

For now I have sold my GPro and bought a used Nexus 5 device, pretty, doing this is pretty common here.

I did not go for a new expensive phone for all the reason I just gave.

vivebatu

Dec 19, 2009
HTC Leo
Moto Z2 Force
I liked that phone when it came out but was disappointed in the screen resolution. That phone is still just as expensive as the others.

IMHO I basically see no 'usable' difference between 720p and 1080p. But that is just my view.

Further a new G Flex is now available for around $300-350, while a note 4 will cost almost double of that, so you could save tons of money for sure

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

jason504

Mar 3, 2013
IMHO I basically see no 'usable' difference between 720p and 1080p. But that is just my view.

Further a new G Flex is now available for around $300-350, while a note 4 will cost almost double of that, so you could save tons of money for sure

I was in att about 2 months ago a d the flex was the same price it was when it came out. But that's att they are always high. But I want a phone with real good development. I have not looked at the flex development might check it out thanks for your input I appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would suggest to wait till almost quarter of next year (2015). You would see some 64 bit devices coming to the smartphone market.
    At present I don't think one should spent so much money on Nexus 6 or Note 4 or even Z3.
    They are all 32 bit, probably you might not notice a drastic change in you experience moving to any of these device.
    Wait for 64 bit chips Snapdragon 808 or 810, wait for 4k screens coming next year.
    Waiting now shall prove fruitful for you.

For now I have sold my GPro and bought a used Nexus 5 device, pretty, doing this is pretty common here.

I did not go for a new expensive phone for all the reason I just gave.
    I liked that phone when it came out but was disappointed in the screen resolution. That phone is still just as expensive as the others.