Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Optimus Pro screen quality holding up well!

30th March 2015, 11:06 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

78 posts
More
I've had an e980 for about a year now and it's been one of my favorite devices ever. Given that I paid well under $300 for an unblemished unlocked unit I can't really see the point of replacing it yet. I think it's a better value than even the One Plus One, given that equally pristine units of the e980 are currently going for $200 on eBay.

But to convince myself not to waste money I've been stopping into various carrier stores and comparing my e980 to the LG G3, Note 4 and Nexus 6, which are the only phones I'd consider buying. It's amazing how much brighter and whiter the e980 screen is compared to the G3 and Note 4. For the reading I do on the e980 (and I read on it a lot) the higher resolution offers no benefits and overall the screens are unimpressive when compared side by side. The only screen I thought was comparable, and not necessarily better, was that of the Nexus 6. But there were more similarities in quality than differences and I found the Nexus to be too big and too expensive to consider.

So I'll be sticking with my OGP for the foreseeable future and I just wanted to encourage those of you who have one to think twice about replacing it and those of you who are considering buying one to go ahead and get it. It's a great phone.

1st April 2015, 05:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 102

423 posts
second that

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread