Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Random reboots

OP psal217050

8th July 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central PA
Thanks Meter: 322

823 posts
More
OGP is about 1 year old and the last week or so I have been getting random reboots. All apps that were put on in that time period have been removed. Unless I pull the battery it will keep rebooting. Suggestions?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th July 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 25

174 posts
More
Need more info. ROM? Recovery? Rooted? Nonrooted?
8th July 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 42

285 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psal217050

OGP is about 1 year old and the last week or so I have been getting random reboots. All apps that were put on in that time period have been removed. Unless I pull the battery it will keep rebooting. Suggestions?

Same thing has happened to me! I have been eliminating apps one by one. I am stock ROM rooted using some closed modules.

8th July 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #4  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 13

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psal217050

It might be the battery. About three months ago I was having the same problem on the 4.1.2 stock rom, rooted, and had xposed module on it. I used the .tot files to go back to stock and I still had random reboots. Tried different roms from Cm 11 to a the e986 roms to, but continued to have the random reboots.

After a while, I realized that it was past a certain battery percent that it would reboot randomly, so I bought a refurbished battery on Amazon and have never had random reboots ever since. That's just my phone though, and a suggestion if you're have similar problems as my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to roa57 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central PA
Thanks Meter: 322

823 posts
More
I will keep an eye on that. Thanks.

10th July 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 42

285 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roa57

It might be the battery. About three months ago I was having the same problem on the 4.1.2 stock rom, rooted, and had xposed module on it. I used the .tot files to go back to stock and I still had random reboots. Tried different roms from Cm 11 to a the e986 roms to, but continued to have the random reboots.

After a while, I realized that it was past a certain battery percent that it would reboot randomly, so I bought a refurbished battery on Amazon and have never had random reboots ever since. That's just my phone though, and a suggestion if you're have similar problems as my phone.

I think I have to agree with this. I had a zero lemon battery pack and switched back to stock and reboots stopped.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread