MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Boots to CWM only...boot error

20th August 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

100 posts
Hello. I need your help. I have the LG E980 with 4.4.2. I was trying to set this up as a spare phone but for some reason could not get an email program to work with my companies "Notes Traveler" program. I'm able to achieve syncing with my S4 active though. I oulled the email APK off of the S4 active and that resolved the problem temporarily. I read up and found out that the CM11 ROM would resolve this issue. Anyway, I installed a recovery program and did a nanodroid back up only to realize that my EXT_SD card was not being recognized. Si I did a factory reset now I get a boot error and can only get to the recovery program.

It will not recognize my external SD card and I'm afraid that possibly I corrupted the boot image or recovery? Any suggestions how to get out of this boot? Is there a way I can drag a Update.Zip to the internal SD card and it will completely over write boot and all files?
20th August 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #2  
Shangri-La
Thanks Meter: 39

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelets456

Hello. I need your help. I have the LG E980 with 4.4.2. I was trying to set this up as a spare phone but for some reason could not get an email program to work with my companies "Notes Traveler" program. I'm able to achieve syncing with my S4 active though. I oulled the email APK off of the S4 active and that resolved the problem temporarily. I read up and found out that the CM11 ROM would resolve this issue. Anyway, I installed a recovery program and did a nanodroid back up only to realize that my EXT_SD card was not being recognized. Si I did a factory reset now I get a boot error and can only get to the recovery program.

It will not recognize my external SD card and I'm afraid that possibly I corrupted the boot image or recovery? Any suggestions how to get out of this boot? Is there a way I can drag a Update.Zip to the internal SD card and it will completely over write boot and all files?

This Fix solved my boot only to recovery bug, but if your cwm is not reading your external, you could try sideloading it through adb if your cwm version has that. Copy the fix to your adb folder, connect your phone to pc, select install zip through sideload in the recovery, open adb, type adb sideload fix.zip or if nothing works just use lgflashtool and kdz back to stock.
20th August 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirallingspiral

This Fix solved my boot only to recovery bug, but if your cwm is not reading your external, you could try sideloading it through adb if your cwm version has that. Copy the fix to your adb folder, connect your phone to pc, select install zip through sideload in the recovery, open adb, type adb sideload fix.zip or if nothing works just use lgflashtool and kdz back to stock.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not good at all with ADB would you mind telling me exactly what to type (spacing, etc)? I've tried ADB before and must have been entering the wrong sequence or spacing. On my S4 I simply used ODIN and loaded a Deodexed version.
20th August 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #4  
Shangri-La

90 posts
Quote:

Thanks for your reply. I'm not good at all with ADB would you mind telling me exactly what to type (spacing, etc)? I've tried ADB before and must have been entering the wrong sequence or spacing. On my S4 I simply used ODIN and loaded a Deodexed version.

Click install zip by sideload on cwm, copy the zip i linked before to the your adb folder,. Open Adb, and type "adb devices" to see if your device is detected. If it isnt. click here and download the naked drivers. If your device is detected, type "adb sideload filename.zip" . Just copy the filename and paste it after "adb sideload" in the command prompt, which is "adb sideload Zero_Misc_fix_factory_data_reset_recovery.zip"
Last edited by spirallingspiral; 20th August 2014 at 05:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to spirallingspiral For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:

Click install zip by sideload on cwm, copy the zip i linked before to the your adb folder,. Open Adb, and type "adb devices" to see if your device is detected. If it isnt. click here and download the naked drivers. If your device is detected, type "adb sideload filename.zip" . Just copy the filename and paste it after "adb sideload" in the command prompt, which is "adb sideload Zero_Misc_fix_factory_data_reset_recovery.zip"

Worked like a charm...thank you very much!

EDIT: however mr SD card is not being shown. When I boot up it says SD card installed, but it's not showing up anywhere. Any suggestions?
Last edited by mikelets456; 22nd August 2014 at 11:06 PM.
23rd August 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #6  
Shangri-La

90 posts
Quote:

Worked like a charm...thank you very much!

EDIT: however mr SD card is not being shown. When I boot up it says SD card installed, but it's not showing up anywhere. Any suggestions?

Glad it worked The sd card is not getting detected atall or just recovery? if its just recovery, some recoveries wont see the sd card, you can just flash another recovery to fix that. If its not being detected once it boots up too then i have no clue what the problem is. Try flashing another rom and see if it detects it.
23rd August 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:

Glad it worked The sd card is not getting detected atall or just recovery? if its just recovery, some recoveries wont see the sd card, you can just flash another recovery to fix that. If its not being detected once it boots up too then i have no clue what the problem is. Try flashing another rom and see if it detects it.

In recovery it shows "external sd card" then when I tried to flash it says " can't mount sd card". Also, I've tried my 64 gb card that's in my samsung and that does not work either. When it boots up it says "sd card inserted".

How do I flash another recovery or go back to stock recovery? I think something is corrupted in recovery because when I did a factory reset again to clear things up I got the boot error and had to do the process all over that you posted.
23rd August 2014, 12:35 PM   |  #8  
Shangri-La

90 posts
This is the recovery i always use, its philz touch. You can flash it the same way u flashed the fix, copy the zip to adb folder and sideloading it using adb sideload filename.zip. I cant guarantee that everything will work but if everything goes downhill, you will have to kdz back to stock using the steps from here . If the sd card isnt getting detected after boot too, i really have no idea what the issue is.
Last edited by spirallingspiral; 23rd August 2014 at 12:41 PM.
25th August 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:

This is the recovery i always use, its philz touch. You can flash it the same way u flashed the fix, copy the zip to adb folder and sideloading it using adb sideload filename.zip. I cant guarantee that everything will work but if everything goes downhill, you will have to kdz back to stock using the steps from here . If the sd card isnt getting detected after boot too, i really have no idea what the issue is.

Flashed "TOT" file and all is good. I believe the bootloader is either locked or was corrupted somehow. Thanks again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Optimus G Pro Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank