No registration required

Cracked Digitizer and LCD Damage

OP souleater11

30th July 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

548 posts
hello everyone,
My friend's OG Pro was drop but can still power on (vibrate upon charging). The device has a 1 inch hairline crack on its touch screen digitizer but the LCD only shows a blank/no picture display when turn on.

I find this weird cause in most cases I notice that OG Pro LCD is pretty much durable even if the digitizer has a small web cracked.

Has anyone here have similar situation as my friend' phone?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app
30th July 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by souleater11

hello everyone,
My friend's OG Pro was drop but can still power on (vibrate upon charging). The device has a 1 inch hairline crack on its touch screen digitizer but the LCD only shows a blank/no picture display when turn on.

I find this weird cause in most cases I notice that OG Pro LCD is pretty much durable even if the digitizer has a small web cracked.

Has anyone here have similar situation as my friend' phone?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app

The same has happened to me. I have seen people with bigger cracks on their phones while mine looked like a scratch and would not show nothing on the screen. Had it replaced and all is back to good. I guess it depends on where the crack is.
31st July 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

548 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanares

The same has happened to me. I have seen people with bigger cracks on their phones while mine looked like a scratch and would not show nothing on the screen. Had it replaced and all is back to good. I guess it depends on where the crack is.

hello ricanares,
Did you try to re-connect if maybe the LCD cable connector was dislodge after the drop of your phone ?
31st July 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by souleater11

hello ricanares,
Did you try to re-connect if maybe the LCD cable connector was dislodge after the drop of your phone ?

I did open up the phone and tried everything I could...but the screen would not turn on for nothing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread