I was wondering if it could just be my battery cause I am having problems on all roms. Plus I have Flashed this phone about 30 times and I have had it for over a year
(Forgive the wordiness. I have a typing problem LOL)
I have an E980 too and was using the E980 stock ATT rom and also had issues.
Basically, the phone will work fine for a couple of hours after a reboot, but then all of a sudden, the phone would wake up (exit deep sleep; not screen turn on) and never sleep again.
Whenever this would happen I noticed a number of odd things happening (check to see if these are happening with you too!):
1) In battery usage, Android OS would suddenly consume 50-99% battery!! This is after hours of running the phone too. Usually, Android OS consumes 3-10% battery.
2) In Better Battery Stats, I had a lot of Wlan wakelocks. I use wifi a lot too, but these wakelocks would last for hours as soon as the phone stopped sleeping, whether wifi was connected or not.
3) In Better Battery Stats, there was a process called dhd_dpc that would run for the entire length of time since the phone was booted up
4) Phone would run warm with the screen off. Sometimes, it would get HOT. When you use the phone, it gets REALLY HOT.
5) According to Better Battery Stat's CPU usage history, once the wake occurs, the cpu will remain at 1.7GHz, even with phone asleep. Some roms I tried would have it scale down to 384MHz, but still, phone wouldn't enter Deep Sleep.
I tried everything to fix the issues and finally ended up flashing the E988 Hong Kong (I think) ROM and ALL my problems went away. The ROM works, but isn't designed for USA users. Yes, there's English, etc, but things like the Quick Remote app are meant for Chinese (Again, I think) users. It doesn't have USA cable company set top boxes like Verizon, etc.
Anyway, after having issues every single day since the E980 update, but lasting a full day on the E988 rom problem free (It's now been 2 full days and no issues still!!!!!), I realized that there was a problem greater than "User Error." I called AT&T up, dealt with their troubleshooting bullcrap (factory reset doesn't fix everything! I mean, I did it 4 times this week and the problem kept coming back with no apps installed!!! I didn't tell them this, but I also reflashed the ATT rom 3x too!!!!), and then they simply took a bug report and asked me to contact LG. I stumped them.
So then I called LG and after explaining all my symptoms and again dealing with me having to answer "yes" to all the girl's "Have you done this....?" questions, she put me on hold for a moment. She came back and told me that many issues have been reported by AT&T Optimus G Pro users (E980) and their software development team is already working on a new firmware version for our phone.
So in summary, the issue is due to bugs in the E980 firmware, but not in the other G Pro firmwares. According to LG customer support, they are already working on fixing the problems, but the girl didn't give me an ETA. Once LG finishes the fix, AT&T will have to review it and bloat the crap out of too, so it may take anywhere from a week to a few months before we get the fixed firmware.
Until then, you have two choices:
1) Live with it and pray that the next firmware comes sooner rather than later. I mean, they better be rushing this update!!!!!
2) Install the E988 stock firmware for now and use it until the next firmware comes out. Again, it isn't exactly the same as the E980 version, but it works and your phone won't be sick anymore.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|