FORUMS

[ Q ] Official KitKat Update From LG

200 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By pierre80, Senior Member on 1st July 2014, 06:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I Have LG E988 and i wanna ask something about KitKat Update.My phone is rooted without CWM installed and i"m using stock 4.1.2. Is it safe to update with my cureent state? Or i must unroot first?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

1st July 2014, 10:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
You have to unroot it first

Sent from my LG-F240K using XDA Free mobile app
1st July 2014, 10:33 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Ic... but i have search on web it must download whole filmware. Is there any easy method to unroot?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
1st July 2014, 02:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Nope. One click unroot apps don't remove all traces of root. Once you root, the only way to unroot is to flash it completely back to stock. You could waste your time trying to download the update but all it will do is detect your root and cancel.
1st July 2014, 04:32 PM |#5  
Flag V-Town
Thanks Meter: 529

Donate to Me
More
how r you planning on updating to KK via OTA? or LG flash tool? if u r going to use LG flash tool to update to KK you dont need to unroot! if you are going to update Via OTA, then you need to unroot! and have stock recovery!

2nd July 2014, 11:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esimon311

how r you planning on updating to KK via OTA? or LG flash tool? if u r going to use LG flash tool to update to KK you dont need to unroot! if you are going to update Via OTA, then you need to unroot! and have stock recovery!

And all (if any) bloatware
System (system directory) and phone must be exactly like you got the phone before you rooted it and did anything to it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)