FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Modem & Other Questions for E980

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

Post Reply Email Thread
I'm going to get an Optimus G Pro since I want to upgrade my phone. I've had a custom rom on other devices. This one is no exception. Except when I see people always seeing bugs about the Modem? So here are some of my questions about this device.

Q: Why is the modem broken (can't make calls) for the AT&T version.

Q: Is there a way to fix it? I make calls quite often.

Q: What is last build that can be rooted? I've seen quite a few misconceptions and little to no information about this

Q: What is the /system size? If I do install a ROM. Can I install almost all of the GAPPS apps?

Q: What is the battery life for CM12 or Lollipop based ROMS?

I hope some people can answer these question.

15th April 2015, 06:28 PM |#2  
Flag Falls Church,VA
Thanks Meter: 220

Donate to Me
More
According to my own experiences, the only issue with the modem is the ability to make the device go into the deep sleep state so the device can charges its battery. Other than that, I haven't heard any other issue regarding the modem with lg-e980. The modem to get is madmack's modem, I think he modify it to solve the issue of the deep sleep, which many people are having the problem. You can download the modem from the xda thread, just have to search for it. The system storage for this phone is enormous compare to many other phones, so you should and I really don't see how you can get any problem installing all the gapp files. I don't understand your question about the root, you can root with any custom or regular ROM. As for the battery life goes, installing madmack's modem I one way to get a good battery life. If you can't get deep sleep on your phone, then it's hard to extend the battery life.
The Following User Says Thank You to hawkwind212 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hawkwind212 Ad-Free
15th April 2015, 11:27 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwind212

According to my own experiences, the only issue with the modem is the ability to make the device go into the deep sleep state so the device can charges its battery. Other than that, I haven't heard any other issue regarding the modem with lg-e980. The modem to get is madmack's modem, I think he modify it to solve the issue of the deep sleep, which many people are having the problem. You can download the modem from the xda thread, just have to search for it. The system storage for this phone is enormous compare to many other phones, so you should and I really don't see how you can get any problem installing all the gapp files. I don't understand your question about the root, you can root with any custom or regular ROM. As for the battery life goes, installing madmack's modem I one way to get a good battery life. If you can't get deep sleep on your phone, then it's hard to extend the battery life.

I was meaning last stock-rootable build. I've see that 10g or whatever like that is the last rootable stock build. Is that true? and Thanks! +1
15th April 2015, 11:51 PM |#4  
Flag Falls Church,VA

Donate to Me
More
You're talking about whether the stock JB or kk can be rooted? As far as I know, there isn't any reason why you can't root with any of them. It is said to beat start with the stock JB, and build your s tock ROM from there on. The only problem I think you will likely encounter is which method will allow you to root the phone. It's not that the stock ROM isn't rootable, is that with stock kk, is much difficult for app like towel root to root it. So go with 10g, which is the stock JB rom, and root it with towel root. Otherwise, I heard you can root in stock kk rom with universal root, which I've never used.
The Following User Says Thank You to hawkwind212 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hawkwind212 Ad-Free
16th April 2015, 12:25 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwind212

You're talking about whether the stock JB or kk can be rooted? As far as I know, there isn't any reason why you can't root with any of them. It is said to beat start with the stock JB, and build your s tock ROM from there on. The only problem I think you will likely encounter is which method will allow you to root the phone. It's not that the stock ROM isn't rootable, is that with stock kk, is much difficult for app like towel root to root it. So go with 10g, which is the stock JB rom, and root it with towel root. Otherwise, I heard you can root in stock kk rom with universal root, which I've never used.

Alright, final question. How much do you get Screen-On-Time?

EDIT: Also what is the Universal Root if the verison I buy off Ebay starts off with KK?
16th April 2015, 05:11 AM |#6  
Flag Falls Church,VA

Donate to Me
More
Screen on time, I'm assuming you're talking about battery life, I get about two hours so, burning through about 90% of juice say if im watching a movie or playing a game. That's about average for a phone with the screen size, and the spec such as ogp. You can't get better than that, there was a lengthy discussion on the issue regarding the battery life that you've missed. That's why it's important to get madmack's modem and get the deep sleep for your phone. If you can't deal with ogp's screen on time provide by the regular battery, you can always get the zero lemon's 9100ohm super size battery, which I heard gives you up to 6 plus hours of screen time. Check the ogp's accessories section for more info. Last thing if your phone comes with kk, go ahead and try root it with towelroot, you may be able to root it, it's the easiest method. Otherwise, search xda on how to root ogp with the stock kk, you will find more info on universal root there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)