Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Running our G pro on 720p resolution?

Tip us?

coldfear00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Running our G pro on 720p resolution?

i want to play MC5 in high settings but it lags like hell so is it possible to change our phones default resolution to 720p?
i tried a few apps avalible on Gplay but the screen looks all blurry & UI gets all messed up
also tried app settings from xposed but the resolution settings dosen't work only dpi changes
if anyone has a link to a guide or has any info regarding this your help is greatly appreciated

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 1,071

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried running xposed module where you can set your CPU to set proglfipes for certain apps I'd try it with mc5 ... Set it to performance gov while mc5 is running.. Maybe that will help .. Mc4 gives me no issues

2SHAYNEZ
>>>> If I or anyone else helped-you, then •Remember to hit the Thank-You Button• Or Donate<<<<

coldfear00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily View Post
Have you tried running xposed module where you can set your CPU to set proglfipes for certain apps I'd try it with mc5 ... Set it to performance gov while mc5 is running.. Maybe that will help .. Mc4 gives me no issues

2SHAYNEZ
MC4 plays as smooth as butter for me too but MC5 is in a different league & its very resource hungry
i doubt changing gov's would do any good as phone goes into max perfomance when running a game anyways

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 1,071

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfear00 View Post
MC4 plays as smooth as butter for me too but MC5 is in a different league & its very resource hungry
i doubt changing gov's would do any good as phone goes into max perfomance when running a game anyways
Good luck.

2SHAYNEZ
>>>> If I or anyone else helped-you, then •Remember to hit the Thank-You Button• Or Donate<<<<

spirallingspiral
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
mc5 runs smooth on my ogpro. Im on radeonmaya's sphinx remod rom. I didnt change any particular settings to make it run smooth. Dunno why its lagging for you.

coldfear00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirallingspiral View Post
mc5 runs smooth on my ogpro. Im on radeonmaya's sphinx remod rom. I didnt change any particular settings to make it run smooth. Dunno why its lagging for you.
hmm by default MC5 sets itself as medium settings for our phone which works ok for me too but the lagging starts when i set the graphic option to "better" in which i want to play this game

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 1,071

DONATE TO ME
I would probably go as far to say that our device just isn't powerful enough for such a high demanding game..... Maybe if over clocking a bit was possible it might help but you might be stuck like chuck with the better graphics ordeal.... If you do come across a way to smooth things out let everyone know.

2SHAYNEZ

blitzkriegger
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
hmm by default MC5 sets itself as medium settings for our phone which works ok for me too but the lagging starts when i set the graphic option to "better" in which i want to play this game
Have you tried maxing out gpu clockspeed to 400 mhz? That might help..

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 1,071

DONATE TO ME
I have a copy of a test kernel that runs with ondemand only for CPU but you can over clock the GPU pretty high. I dont think its worth a shot though. Probably too demanding on our device

2SHAYNEZ

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily View Post
I have a copy of a test kernel that runs with ondemand only for CPU but you can over clock the GPU pretty high. I dont think its worth a shot though. Probably too demanding on our device

2SHAYNEZ
Cm based kernel

2SHAYNEZ