Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Running our G pro on 720p resolution?

18th August 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

156 posts
i want to play MC5 in high settings but it lags like hell so is it possible to change our phones default resolution to 720p?
i tried a few apps avalible on Gplay but the screen looks all blurry & UI gets all messed up
also tried app settings from xposed but the resolution settings dosen't work only dpi changes
if anyone has a link to a guide or has any info regarding this your help is greatly appreciated
18th August 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #2  
Hendersonville NC
Thanks Meter: 1,100

3,984 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you tried running xposed module where you can set your CPU to set proglfipes for certain apps I'd try it with mc5 ... Set it to performance gov while mc5 is running.. Maybe that will help .. Mc4 gives me no issues

2SHAYNEZ
18th August 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

156 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

Have you tried running xposed module where you can set your CPU to set proglfipes for certain apps I'd try it with mc5 ... Set it to performance gov while mc5 is running.. Maybe that will help .. Mc4 gives me no issues

2SHAYNEZ

MC4 plays as smooth as butter for me too but MC5 is in a different league & its very resource hungry
i doubt changing gov's would do any good as phone goes into max perfomance when running a game anyways
18th August 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #4  
Hendersonville NC

3,984 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfear00

MC4 plays as smooth as butter for me too but MC5 is in a different league & its very resource hungry
i doubt changing gov's would do any good as phone goes into max perfomance when running a game anyways

Good luck.

2SHAYNEZ
19th August 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #5  
Shangri-La
Thanks Meter: 39

90 posts
Quote:

mc5 runs smooth on my ogpro. Im on radeonmaya's sphinx remod rom. I didnt change any particular settings to make it run smooth. Dunno why its lagging for you.
19th August 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

156 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirallingspiral

mc5 runs smooth on my ogpro. Im on radeonmaya's sphinx remod rom. I didnt change any particular settings to make it run smooth. Dunno why its lagging for you.

hmm by default MC5 sets itself as medium settings for our phone which works ok for me too but the lagging starts when i set the graphic option to "better" in which i want to play this game
19th August 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #7  
Hendersonville NC

3,984 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would probably go as far to say that our device just isn't powerful enough for such a high demanding game..... Maybe if over clocking a bit was possible it might help but you might be stuck like chuck with the better graphics ordeal.... If you do come across a way to smooth things out let everyone know.

2SHAYNEZ
20th August 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 32

88 posts
Quote:

hmm by default MC5 sets itself as medium settings for our phone which works ok for me too but the lagging starts when i set the graphic option to "better" in which i want to play this game

Have you tried maxing out gpu clockspeed to 400 mhz? That might help..
20th August 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #9  
Hendersonville NC

3,984 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have a copy of a test kernel that runs with ondemand only for CPU but you can over clock the GPU pretty high. I dont think its worth a shot though. Probably too demanding on our device

2SHAYNEZ

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily

I have a copy of a test kernel that runs with ondemand only for CPU but you can over clock the GPU pretty high. I dont think its worth a shot though. Probably too demanding on our device

2SHAYNEZ

Cm based kernel

2SHAYNEZ

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread