Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop Leak, Failed Find 5 Update – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been leaked! That and … more

Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Knock to screen on app

OP sbacham

24th August 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #1  
sbacham's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kaghaznagar ,Andhra Pradesh,India
Thanks Meter: 33
 
243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Guys i found an app on play store its caled knockr.it does screen on when we knock it. Tested and working with stock kiktkat rom.i hope you love this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gy.angs.knockr

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbacham For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #2  
dpalmer76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
533 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbacham

Guys i found an app on play store its caled knockr.it does screen on when we knock it. Tested and working with stock kiktkat rom.i hope you love this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gy.angs.knockr

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

What is the impact on battery, and what are your settings?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk
25th August 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #3  
sbacham's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kaghaznagar ,Andhra Pradesh,India
Thanks Meter: 33
 
243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
It does some effect on battery.
To use, open app and select double tap,then select screen on.

Sent from my LG-E988 using XDA Free mobile app
26th August 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #4  
dpalmer76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
533 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbacham

It does some effect on battery.
To use, open app and select double tap,then select screen on.

Sent from my LG-E988 using XDA Free mobile app

Drains big time! Thanks though.
3rd September 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
You are Prince
You are great
5th September 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 17
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
I think this app wakelock the screen so it always on, but then replace display with all black image so it looks like screen off.
How to know? Use a charger.
When screen really off, notification LED should turn red (indicate of charging when screen off)
But when use this app, LED blinks only once then come off, and the display black condition is slightly different than before.
Another proof, use Quickmemo button
You can screen capture the screen off!
In original screen off you can't capture screen (because it really doesn't display anything)

No wonder it drains the battery.




Sent from my LG-E988 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to optimuswhite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
714 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuswhite

I think this app wakelock the screen so it always on, but then replace display with all black image so it looks like screen off.
How to know? Use a charger.
When screen really off, notification LED should turn red (indicate of charging when screen off)
But when use this app, LED blinks only once then come off, and the display black condition is slightly different than before.
Another proof, use Quickmemo button
You can screen capture the screen off!
In original screen off you can't capture screen (because it really doesn't display anything)

No wonder it drains the battery.




Sent from my LG-E988 using XDA Free mobile app

So the app basically keeps the screen on. I'll pass.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes